Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dodge and Shadowrun 4a, Changes in dodging in the anniversary edition
Juca Bala
post Jun 15 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,351

Well, I've been playing SR4 for some time by now and, recently, came in contact with the anniversary edition. It seems to correct some issues that I had with the older version and so I'm satisfied with it.
Nevertheless, I'm having a hard time understanding the new rules on dodge. In some parts it looks like its like the older version , where you have a dice pool equals to your Reaction, while in some others the dice pool is equal to your Reaction+Dodge... Did they decided to increase the dice pool in the new version? How does it stands in play now? Does the characters became pretty much "unhittable"?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Combat Mage
post Jun 15 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,604

Regular Defense against ranged attacks is still Reaction only. When you go on full defense you can add Dodge or Gymnastics.

Against melee attacks you get Reaction + Skill (Dodge, Unarmed or Weapon Skill) (or + 2x Skill when on full defense).

+Quote Post
Brazilian_Shinob...
post Jun 15 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,437

I know you always roll Reaction + Dodge/Unarmed Combat/Blades/Clubs when in melee to avoid hits and purely Reaction for ranged attacks. WHEN you are in full defense, you roll reaction + dodge for ranged and reaction + 2*(Dodge/Unarmed Combat/Blades/Clubs) for melee.

Edit: Ninjaed by Combat Mage

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:45 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.