Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dodge and Shadowrun 4a
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Juca Bala
Well, I've been playing SR4 for some time by now and, recently, came in contact with the anniversary edition. It seems to correct some issues that I had with the older version and so I'm satisfied with it.
Nevertheless, I'm having a hard time understanding the new rules on dodge. In some parts it looks like its like the older version , where you have a dice pool equals to your Reaction, while in some others the dice pool is equal to your Reaction+Dodge... Did they decided to increase the dice pool in the new version? How does it stands in play now? Does the characters became pretty much "unhittable"?

Thanks!
Combat Mage
Regular Defense against ranged attacks is still Reaction only. When you go on full defense you can add Dodge or Gymnastics.

Against melee attacks you get Reaction + Skill (Dodge, Unarmed or Weapon Skill) (or + 2x Skill when on full defense).
Brazilian_Shinobi
I know you always roll Reaction + Dodge/Unarmed Combat/Blades/Clubs when in melee to avoid hits and purely Reaction for ranged attacks. WHEN you are in full defense, you roll reaction + dodge for ranged and reaction + 2*(Dodge/Unarmed Combat/Blades/Clubs) for melee.

Edit: Ninjaed by Combat Mage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012