IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sensor Software and Cybereyes, Do they work together?
Aberrant
post Jun 18 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,824

Simple question really. If someone had cyber eyes, and was running one of the camera-based sensor software programs (facial recognition, empathy software, etc) on their PAN, would they be able to use the feed from their cybereyes for the program? Or would they need an additional camera sensor bought separately?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Jun 18 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

Simple answer. Yes. There's no difference between cybereye cameras and other cameras.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 19 2010, 03:26 AM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

I run it all, all the time. Whee! Pop in a separate commlink just for that.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jun 19 2010, 08:58 AM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 19 2010, 06:26 AM) *
I run it all, all the time. Whee! Pop in a separate commlink just for that.

Nah ill just cluster together my cybereyes/ears, Attention coprocessor and a couple alphaware datajacks.

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Jun 19 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

If you have cyber-ears you can run the audio sensor software packages as well.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 19 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #6

Advocatus Diaboli

Bleh, clustering is trash. And I'd rule that clustering things like that makes them stop doing their normal jobs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

And since the OP asked, you can just do all the same sensors/software without the cyber, which is almost certainly a better idea.

+Quote Post
General Pax
post Jun 19 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Also posts as Dynamo Dave

Member No.: 18,641

Why do you need to cluster it anyway??? Dont they get a device rating from their cyberware grade which determines their commlink stats??? You can run software on them without problems that way. Clustering is only useful if you have lots and lots of programs to run and even then i dont really see the point compared to just running them separatly.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 19 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #8

Advocatus Diaboli

Right. But I'd rather just get another commlink or two, instead of having all my cyber up, running, and connected like that. In the end, it doesn't matter much, but I don't like the 'device rating = free instant commlinks' mechanic (at my table).

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jun 19 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Prime Runner

QUOTE (General Pax @ Jun 19 2010, 07:45 PM) *
Why do you need to cluster it anyway??? Dont they get a device rating from their cyberware grade which determines their commlink stats??? You can run software on them without problems that way. Clustering is only useful if you have lots and lots of programs to run and even then i dont really see the point compared to just running them separatly.

Well my Sasha has empathy, gait and noise analysis, lie detection, vehicle identification, facial and noice recognition running 24/7 so i figured clustering her senseware together with her datajacks is the easiest way to run them.

+Quote Post
Deadmannumberone
post Jun 19 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,974

QUOTE (Mäx @ Jun 19 2010, 01:22 PM) *
Well my Sasha has empathy, gait and noise analysis, lie detection, vehicle identification, facial and noice recognition running 24/7 so i figured clustering her senseware together with her datajacks is the easiest way to run them.

Your issue will be system rating limiting software rating. Unless you upgrade the system on all components in the cluster, you'll be utilizing the weakest system (likely a 2 or 3) limiting the program whereas a commlink will give you a much higher system rating for much cheaper.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 19 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #11

Advocatus Diaboli

I just don't think it makes sense to use Rating X stats for most peripheral nodes.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jun 19 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #12

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Deadmannumberone @ Jun 20 2010, 01:11 AM) *
Your issue will be system rating limiting software rating. Unless you upgrade the system on all components in the cluster, you'll be utilizing the weakest system (likely a 2 or 3) limiting the program whereas a commlink will give you a much higher system rating for much cheaper.

all ware is atleast 3 and becouse of how the prising of sensor softwares work, she only has them at rating 3 so the system rating isn't a problem and its hard to get cheaper them zero nuyen(she allready has all that ware anyway).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.