Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sensor Software and Cybereyes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aberrant
Simple question really. If someone had cyber eyes, and was running one of the camera-based sensor software programs (facial recognition, empathy software, etc) on their PAN, would they be able to use the feed from their cybereyes for the program? Or would they need an additional camera sensor bought separately?
Xahn Borealis
Simple answer. Yes. There's no difference between cybereye cameras and other cameras.
Yerameyahu
I run it all, all the time. Whee! Pop in a separate commlink just for that.
Mäx
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 19 2010, 06:26 AM) *
I run it all, all the time. Whee! Pop in a separate commlink just for that.

Nah ill just cluster together my cybereyes/ears, Attention coprocessor and a couple alphaware datajacks.
KCKitsune
If you have cyber-ears you can run the audio sensor software packages as well.
Yerameyahu
Bleh, clustering is trash. And I'd rule that clustering things like that makes them stop doing their normal jobs. biggrin.gif

And since the OP asked, you can just do all the same sensors/software without the cyber, which is almost certainly a better idea.
General Pax
Why do you need to cluster it anyway??? Dont they get a device rating from their cyberware grade which determines their commlink stats??? You can run software on them without problems that way. Clustering is only useful if you have lots and lots of programs to run and even then i dont really see the point compared to just running them separatly.
Yerameyahu
Right. But I'd rather just get another commlink or two, instead of having all my cyber up, running, and connected like that. In the end, it doesn't matter much, but I don't like the 'device rating = free instant commlinks' mechanic (at my table).
Mäx
QUOTE (General Pax @ Jun 19 2010, 07:45 PM) *
Why do you need to cluster it anyway??? Dont they get a device rating from their cyberware grade which determines their commlink stats??? You can run software on them without problems that way. Clustering is only useful if you have lots and lots of programs to run and even then i dont really see the point compared to just running them separatly.

Well my Sasha has empathy, gait and noise analysis, lie detection, vehicle identification, facial and noice recognition running 24/7 so i figured clustering her senseware together with her datajacks is the easiest way to run them.
Deadmannumberone
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jun 19 2010, 01:22 PM) *
Well my Sasha has empathy, gait and noise analysis, lie detection, vehicle identification, facial and noice recognition running 24/7 so i figured clustering her senseware together with her datajacks is the easiest way to run them.

Your issue will be system rating limiting software rating. Unless you upgrade the system on all components in the cluster, you'll be utilizing the weakest system (likely a 2 or 3) limiting the program whereas a commlink will give you a much higher system rating for much cheaper.
Yerameyahu
I just don't think it makes sense to use Rating X stats for most peripheral nodes.
Mäx
QUOTE (Deadmannumberone @ Jun 20 2010, 01:11 AM) *
Your issue will be system rating limiting software rating. Unless you upgrade the system on all components in the cluster, you'll be utilizing the weakest system (likely a 2 or 3) limiting the program whereas a commlink will give you a much higher system rating for much cheaper.

all ware is atleast 3 and becouse of how the prising of sensor softwares work, she only has them at rating 3 so the system rating isn't a problem and its hard to get cheaper them zero nuyen(she allready has all that ware anyway).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012