IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eclipse Phase RPG: Scouting for interest!
kxU
post Jun 22 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,691

obligatory introductory mumbo jumbo: for those who still haven't heard, eclipse phase is a brand spanking new roleplaying game developed by some of the finest people who used to operate the shadowrun line. :love: from what i can surmise so far, it's some parts terminator, some parts cyberpunk, some parts dollhouse, and all parts wicked sick. the coolest thing about it is that it's licensed as creative commons, so you can download the complete pdf of the corebook for free. :) links for interested parties: home page, pdf download link, dumpshock discussion thread.

now, for those who have heard, are any of you guys interested in playing an eclipse phase pbp game here on dumpshock? i know that this nook is usually reserved for shadowrun games, but there have been some deviations from tradition in the past when people occasionally ran the odd earthdawn or serenity game here, so i figured it'll be okay. take note that this is just me casting a line out there to see if there's any interest - if interest is sufficient, i'll devour the rulebook, then start to work on creating a campaign. if you wanna play, or you think you might wanna play, sound off in this thread, and we'll see if we can't get enough heads together for a game. :)

takers?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Abschalten
post Jun 22 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 7,655

Sign me the hell up!!!

Edit: Erm, I mean I have a handful of characters already made I'd like to possibly play. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Jun 22 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

Very very interested.

Edit: To be more specific, I dove into the rulebook a while back, and have been looking for a EP PBP for a while. I'm not that familiar with the usual game-agnostic PBP sites (my PBP experience has been almost exclusively here at Dumpshock playing Shadowrun) and I can't get my real life group to consider playing anything other than D&D. I would be very interested in getting the chance to try out this awesome new setting, here at dumpshock.

+Quote Post
Combat Mage
post Jun 22 2010, 03:11 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,604

Yes please. I've heard about this before and I'd really like to try it out. I already looked into the rule book briefly and it looks really awesome.

Edit: As I'm reading more of the setting I'm getting more and more excited about this. I'd love if a game got going.
It seems there's a lot of interest seeing that you have 5 people already after not even 2 hours. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Abschalten
post Jun 22 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #5

Running Target

So is it too early to start submitting characters? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Jun 22 2010, 03:26 AM
Post #6

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jun 22 2010, 04:11 AM) *
Very very interested.

Me too!

+Quote Post
Ellipsis
post Jun 22 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 15,939

Yes, uh please? I've scanned through the book after it first showed up on my radar and I would love to give it a shot! I'm not really familiar with the core yet, but I'm pretty sure I can work it out pretty fast if I get a chance to use it...

+Quote Post
kxU
post Jun 22 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #8

Target

QUOTE (Abschalten @ Jun 21 2010, 11:12 PM) *
So is it too early to start submitting characters? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

hah, love the enthusiasm, but yeah, it's a bit too early to start submitting characters at this juncture. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) it does look like there's a large helping of interest in the game though, so give me a few days to suss out what kind of game im going to run, then i'll post up a recruitment thread with more details.

stay tuned! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spin.gif)

+Quote Post
Martin_DeVries_I...
post Jun 22 2010, 07:09 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,684

I am also very much interested. The time it takes for you to figure out the game you want to run will give me time to finish reading the book and figure out what I want to play. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 22 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #10

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

I'm interested too. It'd take me a while to look at the rules (although I've got the pdf) but the setting sounds great!

A

+Quote Post
crizh
post Jun 22 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

Damn tootin'!

I'd love the opportunity to participate in an EP game. It's totally my favourite RPG concept ever.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Jun 22 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

QUOTE (kxU @ Jun 22 2010, 01:41 AM) *
hah, love the enthusiasm, but yeah, it's a bit too early to start submitting characters at this juncture. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) it does look like there's a large helping of interest in the game though, so give me a few days to suss out what kind of game im going to run, then i'll post up a recruitment thread with more details.

stay tuned! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spin.gif)

Excited! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/twirl.gif)

+Quote Post
Combat Mage
post Jun 22 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jun 22 2010, 03:16 PM) *

Tell me about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Mr. Mage
post Jun 22 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,317

QUOTE (kxU @ Jun 21 2010, 10:06 PM) *
the coolest thing about it is that it's licensed as creative commons, so you can download the complete pdf of the corebook for free. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) links for interested parties: home page, pdf download link (credits to Thanee), dumpshock discussion thread.

Wait. It's CC? really? man, I paid $15 at RPG Drive thru to download the PDF when it first came out. Damn.

I'd certainly be interested, though it seems you already have quite a few people wanting to play. I am somewhat unfamiliar with the rules as I never got around to actually playing, but I'm sure I can remedy that situation fairly easy.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jun 22 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #15

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

Your $15 is encouraging them to make the next book. Don't worry, even though I have the book for free, I'll be buying it as well soon.

And yes, I'm interested in playing as well.

+Quote Post
Abschalten
post Jun 22 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #16

Running Target

I bought the hardcopy version of the book at a gaming convention, and I consider the money to be well spent. It's a beautiful, well laid-out book. The folks at Posthuman ought to be proud of themselves.

And aww man, I was hoping *this* was the recruitment thread. I just know I'll miss the next one and get squeezed out, unless you can save me a spot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Combat Mage
post Jun 22 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Yeah I was hoping that too. We'll have to be vigilant. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
da Loof
post Jun 22 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #18

Target

Member No.: 17,725

QUOTE (Abschalten @ Jun 22 2010, 10:48 AM) *
I bought the hardcopy version of the book at a gaming convention, and I consider the money to be well spent. It's a beautiful, well laid-out book. The folks at Posthuman ought to be proud of themselves.

And aww man, I was hoping *this* was the recruitment thread. I just know I'll miss the next one and get squeezed out, unless you can save me a spot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This.

+Quote Post
Mr. Mage
post Jun 22 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,317

QUOTE (da Loof @ Jun 22 2010, 12:01 PM) *
This.

Is.

+Quote Post
horvagab
post Jun 22 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,909

I'm sorta interested as well, though I can't really say for certain. Will probably depend on my free time and such, but a cautious interest can be counted upon.

+Quote Post
kxU
post Jun 22 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #21

Target

to all those unfamiliar with the rules, there's no rush, i imagine this will be a learning experience for all of us. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

and no worries about missing the recruitment thread, i'll leave it open for at least a week or two, minimum.

+Quote Post
kxU
post Jun 22 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #22

Target

edit: holy double post batman!

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Jun 22 2010, 06:44 PM
Post #23

Great Dragon

QUOTE (kxU @ Jun 22 2010, 01:39 PM) *
and no worries about missing the recruitment thread, i'll leave it open for at least a week or two, minimum.

With the amount of attention this thread generated overnight, I don't envy your task of pruning a week's worth of submissions down to one game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
(I don't sympathize enough to lighten your workload, though - expect one from me)

+Quote Post
crizh
post Jun 22 2010, 06:47 PM
Post #24

Runner

Member No.: 15,722

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jun 22 2010, 07:44 PM) *
expect one from me)

Just one?

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Jun 22 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #25

Great Dragon

We'll see how it goes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:31 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.