IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spirit inhabitation in a weapon, What would this do?
Stormdrake
post Jun 22 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,623

So let me start this off by saying this is an exercise in rule mechanics only. I wanted to see if by RAW rules I could create a self-aware weapon with powers that was reminiscent of Stormbringer or Spell Breaker.

Ok, so what would be the result of a spirit with the power of inhabitation being bound to a simple weapon? We are talking about a sword, knife or axe. Would the stat increase that normally occurs to a living host affect the DV of the weapon?

All the other powers a spirit could have should work as normal as far as I can see. I am using the "Imp" spirit from the "Threat 2" book as kind of a guide in creating this.

Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jun 22 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

Read the thread in my signature. I'm not sure if I mention it in my thread, but it does add the spirit's force to the DV of the weapon, and it allows you to strike creatures immune to normal weapons.

+Quote Post
TommyTwoToes
post Jun 22 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,454

Someone had a Gun Carousel or some such thing with a TM who used machine sprites to "inhabit" his guns, then he would throw them around corners or something. I thought that was a pretty nifty idea.

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Jun 22 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Interesting. The use of an energy aura would add the extra damage one would expect from a "magical" weapon. It would also be within RAW as far as I can see. Wards keep spirits from passing through but what about being summoned back into the weapon once inside? Can't remeber if wards stop mages from summoning once inside.

+Quote Post
Mordinvan
post Jun 22 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 15,912

QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Jun 22 2010, 11:51 AM) *
Interesting. The use of an energy aura would add the extra damage one would expect from a "magical" weapon. It would also be within RAW as far as I can see. Wards keep spirits from passing through but what about being summoned back into the weapon once inside? Can't remeber if wards stop mages from summoning once inside.

My guess is the spirit would need the aura masking power.

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Jun 23 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

I did not think the masking power allowed spirits to move through wards.

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Jun 23 2010, 03:51 PM
Post #7

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

It's hard to say it lets a magician say their not magical and nor are his foci so yeah I think spirits can do it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.