Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirit inhabitation in a weapon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
So let me start this off by saying this is an exercise in rule mechanics only. I wanted to see if by RAW rules I could create a self-aware weapon with powers that was reminiscent of Stormbringer or Spell Breaker.

Ok, so what would be the result of a spirit with the power of inhabitation being bound to a simple weapon? We are talking about a sword, knife or axe. Would the stat increase that normally occurs to a living host affect the DV of the weapon?

All the other powers a spirit could have should work as normal as far as I can see. I am using the "Imp" spirit from the "Threat 2" book as kind of a guide in creating this.

Any thoughts?
Neraph
Read the thread in my signature. I'm not sure if I mention it in my thread, but it does add the spirit's force to the DV of the weapon, and it allows you to strike creatures immune to normal weapons.
TommyTwoToes
Someone had a Gun Carousel or some such thing with a TM who used machine sprites to "inhabit" his guns, then he would throw them around corners or something. I thought that was a pretty nifty idea.
Stormdrake
Interesting. The use of an energy aura would add the extra damage one would expect from a "magical" weapon. It would also be within RAW as far as I can see. Wards keep spirits from passing through but what about being summoned back into the weapon once inside? Can't remeber if wards stop mages from summoning once inside.
Mordinvan
QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Jun 22 2010, 11:51 AM) *
Interesting. The use of an energy aura would add the extra damage one would expect from a "magical" weapon. It would also be within RAW as far as I can see. Wards keep spirits from passing through but what about being summoned back into the weapon once inside? Can't remeber if wards stop mages from summoning once inside.

My guess is the spirit would need the aura masking power.
Stormdrake
I did not think the masking power allowed spirits to move through wards.
Dumori
It's hard to say it lets a magician say their not magical and nor are his foci so yeah I think spirits can do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012