IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FInal Fantasy 8 using SR3, What are your thoughts?
Mr. Angels
post Jul 5 2010, 06:25 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: New Member Probation
Member No.: 18,792

I was playing FF8 on my PSP the other day and realized that I could easily convert that kind of world into a playable environment using SR3 rules. What are your thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tech_Rat
post Jul 5 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,910

Being an SR4 player, I'm not too up on 3, but it does seem like it would work out great. I say go for it. Just play through very well.

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Jul 5 2010, 06:48 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,225

Hm... i don't think the system lends itself to that kind of gameplay. Too much of a power variation, too "cinematic" freeform combat. I would prefer another system. A modified "Wushu" ruleset, for example. The standart is free, and lets you describe what you do and awards creativity. With some modifications for complexity it is pretty decent system for such adventures.

But don't let me keep you from using the SR system... might work too, of course.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.