Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artificial/Digital Intelligence question
Inpu
post Jul 9 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,807

Regarding their attributes, I was wondering how an AI character might increase their attributes beyond six without resorting to the Positive Quality Exceptional Attribute. Is it even possible? It would seem strange if all others have the option to use magic or Cyberware, yet a program could not upgrade.

I'm mostly curious because a combination of Exceptional Attribute and such improvements can make an AI capable of going UV by the rules presented in Unwired. I was considering making it a long term goal for a character who wishes to be more real, but I ran into a brick wall in this area.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lansdren
post Jul 9 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,848

QUOTE (Inpu @ Jul 9 2010, 10:32 AM) *
Regarding their attributes, I was wondering how an AI character might increase their attributes beyond six without resorting to the Positive Quality Exceptional Attribute. Is it even possible? It would seem strange if all others have the option to use magic or Cyberware, yet a program could not upgrade.

I'm mostly curious because a combination of Exceptional Attribute and such improvements can make an AI capable of going UV by the rules presented in Unwired. I was considering making it a long term goal for a character who wishes to be more real, but I ran into a brick wall in this area.

It would apprear that "Exceptional Attribute" is your only option I'm afraid.

+Quote Post
Inpu
post Jul 9 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,807

Damn. Well, thank you.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post Jul 9 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

Seems to be the price for nigh-immortality.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.