Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1 gun..., What would you get.
MortVent
post Jul 10 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,598

If you were to have a character that has only 1 gun , what gun would you get them and why.

Doing a character stuck in the barrens, and no intents on going into corp town.

Me, I am looking at the remington 990 or defiance t-250 shotguns... mainly the 990 with the 8rd magazine.

Flexible ammo, good damage, and reasonable to equip with folding stocks for ease of conceal (use the -2 conceal with the stocks folded)

I considered the SPAS-22 and enfield AS-7 (the later with full auto mods... nasty) but felt that for a character living in the barens a standard pump/autoloader would be easier to maintain and use.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 10 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

SPAS-22
Best Shotgun around, if you can't get enough recoil compensation for full auto fire spray.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 10 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

AK-97, when you absolutely, positively have to kill every Motherfragger in the room, accept no substitutes.

+Quote Post
Doc Byte
post Jul 10 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,168

My pimped Mac-X! Don't need anything else.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 10 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #5

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

Whatever can be had.

If I can choose any gun available? The Thunderstorm modded for auto fire and fitted with an unlimited ammo god mode cheat. Complete with a gun personality AR thingamajick and fitted with vectored trust and drone mod. That gun would double as the character's ride.

+Quote Post
Dr Funfrock
post Jul 10 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,618

One gun, and one gun only?

An Ares Predator.

The magazine is big enough to last through most firefights, it's small enough to slip past most detection in a concealable holster, it can be quick drawn, it can be silenced, recoil is never an issue, and if you load EX-EX or APDS it can still do enough damage to seriously mess up most things you go up against.

And if you want to you can mod with burst fire and a gas vent.

If you're only going to have one gun, ever, make it an Ares Predator.

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Jul 10 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

Either an AK 127 (from the German Arsenal ) or the Ares Alpha Combatgun with enlarged magazine, modded recoil to at least 9 and a Belt full of grenades.
Third Choice would be an Enfield AS7 with 36 (?) round Drum and underbarrel Grenade Launcher
(because Shotgunshells and Assaultrifle Ammo is easy to get )

with only one dance
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jul 10 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #8

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

I´d take a pistol, unless I was playing a mage. As a mage, I´d take an Assault Rifle or Combat Shotgun, as "normal street" self-defense would be covered.

The Ares Predator is great, as is the Ares Alpha. Amongst the shotguns I prefer the Enfield AS-7 with drum.

What vision do you have of staying on the streets? The one were second-tier gangs have shootouts, or the one were having a pistol makes you big league?

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Jul 10 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

Barret 121 - with one mag of APDS. 14 rounds = 14 dead people (Or spirits, or cars or tanks or whatever).

But really: just ONE gun? IMPOSSIBLE. No character should lug around less than 20 kg weapons and explosives *g*

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 10 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #10

The ShadowComedian

*Troll flexes*
Do these Guns count?

+Quote Post
MortVent
post Jul 10 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,598

QUOTE (Ryu @ Jul 10 2010, 08:27 AM) *
I´d take a pistol, unless I was playing a mage. As a mage, I´d take an Assault Rifle or Combat Shotgun, as "normal street" self-defense would be covered.

The Ares Predator is great, as is the Ares Alpha. Amongst the shotguns I prefer the Enfield AS-7 with drum.

What vision do you have of staying on the streets? The one were second-tier gangs have shootouts, or the one were having a pistol makes you big league?

Well the character is defiantely on the run with a good dose of paranoia, but as for the streets.

It's seattle up in redmond, and with current levels pistols are the norm for most street gangs with smgs for the big boys and higher tiers. I looked at the smgs and pistols, but with the exception of the roomsweeper nothing beats shotguns for functionability... and I looked at the SPAS 22 mainly over the enfield, the character is going to be looking at durability, maintance, and functionability. A standard pump shotgun is far more preferable to a burst fire one, may be lacking some tactical use of burst fire but it's far more durable and less prone to suffering issues compared to a burst/auto weapon (and the long arms skill works well if she were to branch out into maybe sports rifles or sniper rifles...)

But shotguns give her the damage, durability and with the amount of ammo options flexability (one reaosn I looked at the roomsweeper, buckshot ammo)

+Quote Post
Omenowl
post Jul 10 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,167

The HK XM30 gives you
You get a grenade launcher, sniper rifle, assault rifle, and shotgun. You then modify it further for recoil suppression (electronic firing, gas vent-3, shock pads, heavy barrel, and foregrip). I am sure there is other stuff I would add, but that is sufficient for now.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jul 10 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

P93 Praetor. And then mod the hell out of it.

Its reasonably concealable,* great ammo capacity, average base damage, and I'd give it dual clips and extended clips (increases the ammo capacity by almost 200%, IIRC (175%?)) and a bit more RC with the remaining mod slots.

It ends up being able to carry two ammo types without having to reload (I did regular and gel) and enough RC to do a single long burst (plus a short burst at -1--or the other way around, I forget how it works right now). Doing only short and long bursts you don't have to reload in the middle of a fight, as each clip has ~52 bullets (I had to reload once an entire campaign, and I did it in downtime because my clip was down to ~17 rounds).

*By which I mean that the rules are difficult to comprehend, but the P93 isn't a longarm, so it would fit under a coat.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jul 10 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #14

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Jul 10 2010, 03:34 PM) *
But really: just ONE gun? IMPOSSIBLE. No character should lug around less than 20 kg weapons and explosives *g*

that reminds me of a movie scene i once watched, tho i cant recall the movie.

basically, take one big guy, have him strap guns on every available area of his body, walk outside, fall over, have all guns go off.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 10 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #15

The ShadowComedian

Loaded Weapon?

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jul 10 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #16

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 10 2010, 04:49 PM) *
Loaded Weapon?

quite possible.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 10 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #17

The King In Yellow

Awesomness.

Also, having only one gun is pretty stupid, unless you chage hammer and barrel on a regular basis. My characters usually use standard weapons and dump them at the end of an operation.

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jul 10 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #18

Runner

Member No.: 17,234

If i'm a showrunner and especially if I'm sinless the cops doing a forensics work up on my primary weapon is about dead last of my worries. People like us don't get trials.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jul 10 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #19

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

Assuming chargen-ready guns, modded Smartgun-X. Folding stock, enough RC for long bursts, suppressed, common weapon… it's not the BEST, but it's right in the middle of the dot.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 10 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #20

The King In Yellow

If i'm a showrunner and especially if I'm sinless the cops doing a forensics work up on my primary weapon is about dead last of my worries. People like us don't get trials.

No, you get found and shot, which is sort of less pleasant than a trial, I imagine. At least it is far more terminal.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 10 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Hey, come on, even the cops need Shadowruns done. And blackmail is so much cheaper than (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) !

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Jul 10 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #22

Runner

Member No.: 17,234

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 10 2010, 10:29 AM) *
No, you get found and shot, which is sort of less pleasant than a trial, I imagine. At least it is far more terminal.

Yes and finding me and shooting me have nothing to do with matching my weapon to my crimes.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 10 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #23

The King In Yellow

Yes and finding me and shooting me have nothing to do with matching my weapon to my crimes.

Depending on how much you mod your weapon and what you use, that might be a good lead to find you.

Hey, come on, even the cops need Shadowruns done. And blackmail is so much cheaper than (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) !

Yeah, but I doubt they'd use showrunners for their runs, being very interested in not seeing thier black ops broadcast all over the Horizon affiliated channels.

+Quote Post
Shinobi Killfist
post Jul 10 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 5,872

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 10 2010, 10:58 AM) *
Awesomness.

Also, having only one gun is pretty stupid, unless you chage hammer and barrel on a regular basis. My characters usually use standard weapons and dump them at the end of an operation.

Black Trench coat meet

QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 10 2010, 11:20 AM) *

Pink Mohawk. Two great tastes that taste like crap together.

Okay technically not enough to say pink mohawk, but different style is different style.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 10 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #25

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 10 2010, 10:56 AM) *
Yeah, but I doubt they'd use showrunners for their runs, being very interested in not seeing thier black ops broadcast all over the Horizon affiliated channels.

Two words: Deniable Assets.

The first word is the most important.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.