Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is the price good?, rigger, panoa, awaken
Raptor1033
post Mar 2 2004, 05:49 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,370

$17.50 USD for paranormal animals of north america, rigger's little black book, and awakenings. is this a good deal? the books are described as "in good condition, minor shelf wear" just curious
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Mar 2 2004, 09:18 AM
Post #2

Senior GM

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 4,442

I doubt you'd have any use for the rigger book or awakenings. They are completely obsolete. The rigger black book does have better sketches than future books, though. The Paranormal Animals of North America is probably useful if you don't have Critters. May not be worth the money to you, though.

Just my 0.02 :nuyen:

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Mar 2 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

They happen to be good reads, though. If you want to complete your collection, it doesn't look to me as a bad price.

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Mar 2 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,153

QUOTE (Raptor1033)
$17.50 USD for paranormal animals of north america, rigger's little black book, and awakenings. is this a good deal? the books are described as "in good condition, minor shelf wear" just curious

That's a little cheaper than what they went for new. I also find the older books to still be good resource material, so even if they are out of date, they are still worth having... from the GM point of view.

+Quote Post
Raptor1033
post Mar 3 2004, 02:00 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,370

well it's not 17.50 apiece, that's for all 3 of them. package deal. people keep praising paona for the great descriptions of the animals and in character blurbs, that's why i was getting this. the other 2 just happen to be a side bonus. hopefully the guy shipped them today and i'll have em by sunday's gaming session.

+Quote Post
Skeptical Clown
post Mar 3 2004, 01:10 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,709

Paranormal Animals is still useful, in my opinion. The Critters accessory has all the animal stats, but the PA books give you a picture and good description to go along with the stats. Plus it's fairly amusing usually. Awakenings is not necessary as a rulebook, but the fiction half of the book is the best you'll find on magic, and probably one of the better sourcebooks overall. Rigger Black Book I could take or leave; all you're really getting is pictures of vehicles.

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Mar 3 2004, 01:21 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,153

QUOTE (Raptor1033)
well it's not 17.50 apiece, that's for all 3 of them. package deal. people keep praising paona for the great descriptions of the animals and in character blurbs, that's why i was getting this. the other 2 just happen to be a side bonus. hopefully the guy shipped them today and i'll have em by sunday's gaming session.

That's even a better deal then. If you are GM'ing, they are worth it for source material. I still have all my old 1st edition books just because they help add flavor to the game.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.