Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the price good?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Raptor1033
$17.50 USD for paranormal animals of north america, rigger's little black book, and awakenings. is this a good deal? the books are described as "in good condition, minor shelf wear" just curious
RedmondLarry
I doubt you'd have any use for the rigger book or awakenings. They are completely obsolete. The rigger black book does have better sketches than future books, though. The Paranormal Animals of North America is probably useful if you don't have Critters. May not be worth the money to you, though.

Just my 0.02 nuyen.gif
JongWK
They happen to be good reads, though. If you want to complete your collection, it doesn't look to me as a bad price.
Reaver
QUOTE (Raptor1033)
$17.50 USD for paranormal animals of north america, rigger's little black book, and awakenings. is this a good deal? the books are described as "in good condition, minor shelf wear" just curious

That's a little cheaper than what they went for new. I also find the older books to still be good resource material, so even if they are out of date, they are still worth having... from the GM point of view.
Raptor1033
well it's not 17.50 apiece, that's for all 3 of them. package deal. people keep praising paona for the great descriptions of the animals and in character blurbs, that's why i was getting this. the other 2 just happen to be a side bonus. hopefully the guy shipped them today and i'll have em by sunday's gaming session.
Skeptical Clown
Paranormal Animals is still useful, in my opinion. The Critters accessory has all the animal stats, but the PA books give you a picture and good description to go along with the stats. Plus it's fairly amusing usually. Awakenings is not necessary as a rulebook, but the fiction half of the book is the best you'll find on magic, and probably one of the better sourcebooks overall. Rigger Black Book I could take or leave; all you're really getting is pictures of vehicles.
Reaver
QUOTE (Raptor1033)
well it's not 17.50 apiece, that's for all 3 of them. package deal. people keep praising paona for the great descriptions of the animals and in character blurbs, that's why i was getting this. the other 2 just happen to be a side bonus. hopefully the guy shipped them today and i'll have em by sunday's gaming session.

That's even a better deal then. If you are GM'ing, they are worth it for source material. I still have all my old 1st edition books just because they help add flavor to the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012