Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unlisted Changes between SR4 and SR4A, Undocumented "features"
Simon Kerimov
post Aug 11 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,806

I was just informed that Bone Lacing and Bone Density have been made incompatible in SR4A, and I discovered that the change isn't listed in the SR4 1.8 Errata, the FAQ, or the Changes pdf. Have people found any other unlisted differences?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Aug 11 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

There's a metric fuckton of differences. I"ve been trying to keep track of them all.

There are actaully -three- versions of 4th edition.

Shadowrun 4th
4th Anniversary PDF
4th anniversary printing.

All 3 have minor differences. I was pretty fucking pissed to see that two different versions of Anniversary had different Bow rules - despite the changelog.

Other ninja edits, which may or may not be in the changelog:

Going from my list...
Crash Node and Program changed from Attack to Exploit, which breaks the 3 musketeer's suite and the Ticker virus in Unwired.
Mystic Adept's Magic/adept power split clarified and improved, and now get Full magic to most things that reference it(such as overcasting)
Skillsofts were made more expensive. This was changelogged
Autosofts, however, were made more expensive too - in 4th its Rx200/Rx500 depending on rating, and in 4A its rx500/rx1000.
Spirits of Man made unable to overcast.
Scatter had the fuck nerfed out of it, to the point where grenades teleport through walls. ( and they forgot to carry some changes over from the airburst link, i think).
Concealment, the spirit power, may have had some rules added: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=28994
Weapon Range penalties for shooting at long ranges were increased across the board.
Sniper Calibration rules added
Bows were changed. Twice. The current version has bows with a strength max of 8, and arrows have a rating. Stupidly INJECTION arrows dont.
Aid Sorcery was nerfed: the spirit's force must be equal to or greater than the Force of the spell to be affectd.
Gel rounds nerfed. Formerly +2dv, now -1.
Ultrasound, the vision enhancement was changed: Note, this is not present in the PDF release of 4a. It takes 2 capacity in a visual sensor
Visual sensors were changed - they now have a capacity. Formerly it was something like ' the rating of a sensor determines how many ratings worth of stuff it can take in accessories.' Thats been fixed. Unfortuantely, they forgot to copy the new, more clarified rules over to Microphones.
Technomancer rebooting was apparently removed.

And yeah. A lot of random stuff wasn't changelogged. I've been writing down a file every time I find something - but i'm sure others have found stuff to.

So! lets have it, dumpshock. See if we can't find all the stuff catalyst is too goddamn lazy to tell us about.

+Quote Post
Simon Kerimov
post Aug 11 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Right. I may be getting done with playing Shadowrun 4th. My GM is talking about going back to 2nd Ed and splitting time between that and Eclipse Phase. Given how long it takes to make any rules decision in 4th Ed, I think I'm going to give him my thumbs up and be done with Catalyst.

+Quote Post
jakephillips
post Aug 12 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,852

I love SR4 and the rules are clear enough for me. There are changes but I LOVE it!

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Aug 12 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Aug 12 2010, 12:58 AM) *
Gel rounds nerfed. Formerly +2dv, now -1.

Gel rounds where actually changed to -(stun)DV a long before anniversary edition, becouse with the +2DV they were pretty damm OP.
So the anniversary edition change is -(stun) to -1(stun)

+Quote Post
Larsine
post Aug 12 2010, 07:25 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,604

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Aug 11 2010, 11:58 PM) *
There's a metric fuckton of differences. I"ve been trying to keep track of them all.

There are actaully -three- versions of 4th edition.

Shadowrun 4th
4th Anniversary PDF
4th anniversary printing.

All 3 have minor differences. I was pretty fucking pissed to see that two different versions of Anniversary had different Bow rules - despite the changelog.

There are many more versions of the 4th edition rules, and you will always find changes between printings:
SR4 Limited edition (FanPro)
SR4 1st printing (FanPro)
SR4 PDF version 1.0.0 (based on first printing with additional corrections) (FanPro)
SR4 PDF version 1.0.5 (based on first printing with additional corrections) (FanPro)
SR4 2nd printing (FanPro)
SR4 PDF version 1.3 (based on second printing with additional corrections) (FanPro)
SR4 3rd printing (FanPro)
SR4 4th priniting (FanPro)
SR4 5th & 6th printing (Catalyst) - should be identical according to http://www.shadowrun4.com/wordpress/2008/1...ted-sr4-errata/
SR4A PDF version 1 (Catalyst)
SR4A PDF version 2 (Catalyst)
SR4A Limited edition (Catalyst)
SR4A 1st printing (Catalyst)

But all rulebooks for all systems have always been like that ever since I started playing in the early 80's.

Lars

+Quote Post
Larsine
post Aug 12 2010, 07:33 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,604

QUOTE (Simon Kerimov @ Aug 12 2010, 12:16 AM) *
Right. I may be getting done with playing Shadowrun 4th. My GM is talking about going back to 2nd Ed and splitting time between that and Eclipse Phase. Given how long it takes to make any rules decision in 4th Ed, I think I'm going to give him my thumbs up and be done with Catalyst.

Good luck with the 2nd edition. There was at least 11 printings of the SR2 rules, and not all changes between printings are listed in the erratas that was published.

In addition the erratas was only published as physical pages, and distributed with other products, liked the Denver boxed set.

You should just make sure that you all play with the same printing of the same edition of the same rules.

Lars

+Quote Post
Simon Kerimov
post Aug 12 2010, 08:19 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Larsine @ Aug 12 2010, 02:33 AM) *
Good luck with the 2nd edition. There was at least 11 printings of the SR2 rules, and not all changes between printings are listed in the erratas that was published.

In addition the erratas was only published as physical pages, and distributed with other products, liked the Denver boxed set.

You should just make sure that you all play with the same printing of the same edition of the same rules.

Lars

True. If I think rule searching is bad with pdf's, the old dead-tree format will make me cry.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Aug 12 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

It's worth noting that SR4a also clarified the Attribute Boost power for Adepts. It takes a Simple Action to activate it.

Previously this was left uncommented upon.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:34 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.