Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mounting Rocket Launchers on Vehicles
Seidaku
post Mar 5 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,489

If I wanted to mount a personal sized rocket/missile launcher (for example, any of those listed on p. 28 of the Cannon Companion) on a vehicle, what would be the way to go about this? Would it be a Launch Control System? If so, would you also need the missile/rocket mounts it details on p. 137 of R3? Would it be on a turret? Are there multiple options available?

Also, on turret availability: It is the price of the turret divided by 400, correct? So, the availability for even a miniturret is 12-13? Is there any other way for mounting weapons on a vehicle that a starting rigger could, you know, get? Any that can be concealed (a la pop-up turret) ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Mar 5 2004, 09:25 PM
Post #2

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

Make sure you compare the errata on the Official page. there were some changes made to the avalability but I don't remember what they were.

+Quote Post
Seidaku
post Mar 5 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 4,489

QUOTE (Nikoli)
Make sure you compare the errata on the Official page. there were some changes made to the avalability but I don't remember what they were.

Yeah, turret cost / 400. Better than (vehicle cost / 25) / 6 (the old way), but still really high.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Mar 5 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

QUOTE (Seidaku)
If I wanted to mount a personal sized rocket/missile launcher (for example, any of those listed on p. 28 of the Cannon Companion) on a vehicle, what would be the way to go about this? Would it be a Launch Control System? If so, would you also need the missile/rocket mounts it details on p. 137 of R3? Would it be on a turret? Are there multiple options available?

If you want a specific rocket/missile launchers, it has to be mounted on a hardpoint or turret or something (and I'm not sure whether a hardpoint will do). Then it won't require Launch Control Systems. I think.

If you just want to fire the generic rocket/missile rounds, you can do that with the missile/rocket mounts, and then you'll need Launch Control Systems. I think.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 6 2004, 03:03 AM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I miss the Rockets from SR1! :(

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Mar 6 2004, 06:23 AM
Post #6

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

You mean the Rocket Pods that acted like Hydra rockets? Gods but those things were destructive. I still have the rules for them knocking around somewhere. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.