Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mounting Rocket Launchers on Vehicles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Seidaku
If I wanted to mount a personal sized rocket/missile launcher (for example, any of those listed on p. 28 of the Cannon Companion) on a vehicle, what would be the way to go about this? Would it be a Launch Control System? If so, would you also need the missile/rocket mounts it details on p. 137 of R3? Would it be on a turret? Are there multiple options available?

Also, on turret availability: It is the price of the turret divided by 400, correct? So, the availability for even a miniturret is 12-13? Is there any other way for mounting weapons on a vehicle that a starting rigger could, you know, get? Any that can be concealed (a la pop-up turret) ?
Nikoli
Make sure you compare the errata on the Official page. there were some changes made to the avalability but I don't remember what they were.
Seidaku
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Make sure you compare the errata on the Official page. there were some changes made to the avalability but I don't remember what they were.

Yeah, turret cost / 400. Better than (vehicle cost / 25) / 6 (the old way), but still really high.
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Seidaku)
If I wanted to mount a personal sized rocket/missile launcher (for example, any of those listed on p. 28 of the Cannon Companion) on a vehicle, what would be the way to go about this? Would it be a Launch Control System? If so, would you also need the missile/rocket mounts it details on p. 137 of R3? Would it be on a turret? Are there multiple options available?

If you want a specific rocket/missile launchers, it has to be mounted on a hardpoint or turret or something (and I'm not sure whether a hardpoint will do). Then it won't require Launch Control Systems. I think.

If you just want to fire the generic rocket/missile rounds, you can do that with the missile/rocket mounts, and then you'll need Launch Control Systems. I think.
Fortune
I miss the Rockets from SR1! frown.gif
FlakJacket
You mean the Rocket Pods that acted like Hydra rockets? Gods but those things were destructive. I still have the rules for them knocking around somewhere. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012