Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Node Encryption, and Bionode Encryption
ShadowWalker
post Oct 9 2010, 05:35 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,696

Page 229 of the 20thEd says, "You encrypt a file, set of files, node, or communication link."
With this is mind, can you encrypt a bionode?
And an even more crazy idea, if you can, what happens to spells like Control Actions, Control Emotions, Control Thoughts, Influence, and Mind Probe.
Since all of these spells affect the mind, and would seem to require some access to the mind to give commands or understand what's going on inside it...

Just thought this was an interesting idea.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Oct 9 2010, 05:41 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

No you can't.

I am to sleepy now to search for the entry... but i know it is somewhere (maybe unwired?) stated very clearly.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Oct 9 2010, 05:47 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

1) Yes.

2) Uhh.. Spells can't affect the Matrix, so you could control a technomancer just fine, but I guess you couldn't command him to access his bionode? Except he could since he'd just use his access passwords as normal? I don't think it works like you think it may have worked. I think.

EDIT: There it is, page 136 Unwired, at the top. Bio-PANs can't be encrypted.

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Oct 9 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #4

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,234

As much as I am all for shutting down mind controlling spells and boosting technomancers a bit it does state quite clearly that a TM's bionode is not their mind.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 9 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #5

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

I guess the best way to look at a bionode is to say it is a node emulation run by the TMs brain.

That is, the subconscious of the TM emulates all the basic IO needed for the TM to be able to interact with the matrix traffic their nervous system is picking up (much like someone learn to speak a language given time and exposure). End result is something that to external computers looks like a node (tho it lacks odd things like storage space).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:23 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.