Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Node Encryption
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowWalker
Page 229 of the 20thEd says, "You encrypt a file, set of files, node, or communication link."
With this is mind, can you encrypt a bionode?
And an even more crazy idea, if you can, what happens to spells like Control Actions, Control Emotions, Control Thoughts, Influence, and Mind Probe.
Since all of these spells affect the mind, and would seem to require some access to the mind to give commands or understand what's going on inside it...

Just thought this was an interesting idea.
Summerstorm
No you can't.

I am to sleepy now to search for the entry... but i know it is somewhere (maybe unwired?) stated very clearly.
Neraph
1) Yes.

2) Uhh.. Spells can't affect the Matrix, so you could control a technomancer just fine, but I guess you couldn't command him to access his bionode? Except he could since he'd just use his access passwords as normal? I don't think it works like you think it may have worked. I think.

EDIT: There it is, page 136 Unwired, at the top. Bio-PANs can't be encrypted.
LurkerOutThere
As much as I am all for shutting down mind controlling spells and boosting technomancers a bit it does state quite clearly that a TM's bionode is not their mind.
hobgoblin
I guess the best way to look at a bionode is to say it is a node emulation run by the TMs brain.

That is, the subconscious of the TM emulates all the basic IO needed for the TM to be able to interact with the matrix traffic their nervous system is picking up (much like someone learn to speak a language given time and exposure). End result is something that to external computers looks like a node (tho it lacks odd things like storage space).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012