> Poor Rules Foo, Can't find a rule
galenbd
post Oct 12 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,098

Hello All,

I'm trying to find out how hard it is to install a Dataline Tap. Understand, this is 3rd Edition. I checked the Core book, page 290 and 200. I checked Matrix, page 32. Still nothing about what Electronics TN is needed to install the tap.

I know a GM could create a house rule for this test, but I'd rather have an actual page reference if it's actually documented.

Galen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BRodda
post Oct 12 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,811

QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 12 2010, 10:01 AM) *
Hello All,

I'm trying to find out how hard it is to install a Dataline Tap. Understand, this is 3rd Edition. I checked the Core book, page 290 and 200. I checked Matrix, page 32. Still nothing about what Electronics TN is needed to install the tap.

I know a GM could create a house rule for this test, but I'd rather have an actual page reference if it's actually documented.

Galen

Hee.. pretty obscure. Its on page 105 of The Corporate Security Handbook. Basically the TN is 2x the security level. You need an decryption module though.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 12 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

huh... i was going to propose it was a standard B/R test, since that's all it really is (opposed rating would determine if it's detected by a scanner or not, which is clearly described iirc...)

but i guess if they have something specific, i'd go with that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
MYST1C
post Oct 20 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

From: Braunschweig, North German League, Allied German States
Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE (BRodda @ Oct 12 2010, 07:52 PM) *
Hee.. pretty obscure. Its on page 105 of The Corporate Security Handbook. Basically the TN is 2x the security level. You need an decryption module though.
One thing, though: The CSH is a second edition book, not third...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.