Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poor Rules Foo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
galenbd
Hello All,

I'm trying to find out how hard it is to install a Dataline Tap. Understand, this is 3rd Edition. I checked the Core book, page 290 and 200. I checked Matrix, page 32. Still nothing about what Electronics TN is needed to install the tap.

I know a GM could create a house rule for this test, but I'd rather have an actual page reference if it's actually documented.

Galen
BRodda
QUOTE (galenbd @ Oct 12 2010, 10:01 AM) *
Hello All,

I'm trying to find out how hard it is to install a Dataline Tap. Understand, this is 3rd Edition. I checked the Core book, page 290 and 200. I checked Matrix, page 32. Still nothing about what Electronics TN is needed to install the tap.

I know a GM could create a house rule for this test, but I'd rather have an actual page reference if it's actually documented.

Galen

Hee.. pretty obscure. Its on page 105 of The Corporate Security Handbook. Basically the TN is 2x the security level. You need an decryption module though.
Jaid
huh... i was going to propose it was a standard B/R test, since that's all it really is (opposed rating would determine if it's detected by a scanner or not, which is clearly described iirc...)

but i guess if they have something specific, i'd go with that nyahnyah.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (BRodda @ Oct 12 2010, 07:52 PM) *
Hee.. pretty obscure. Its on page 105 of The Corporate Security Handbook. Basically the TN is 2x the security level. You need an decryption module though.
One thing, though: The CSH is a second edition book, not third...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012