IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emerging Conflict OOC & Recruitment, Fast Paced, Rules Light - Single Mission (Recruitment Always Open)
sabs
post Feb 25 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #426

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,649

We have.. a logistical problem.
Seth and I are both playing Corporals, his son is playing a PFC, Dahlia is a Runner with no rank.
All the other pcs are totally gone. I'm not sure what to do about that. None of our characters would try to form a plan and overstep the bounds of our ranks.

Seth you have any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aria
post Feb 25 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #427

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

I'm a bit reluctant to have an NPC take charge now (Tantilla seems to be next in line) so if you want to make a plan OoC he will impliment it for you...

...of course you can let me make the plan for you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

Bascially you need to go forwards, up or down is up to you (although Squad 1 should be down and the Commando is above you...)

Lemme know!

+Quote Post
Seth
post Feb 27 2011, 02:48 AM
Post #428

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 19,113

Firstly I am sad that the others have left: especially without saying anything. I am enjoying this quite a lot. Is it worth PMing them to see if we can get them back? Or posting a secondary recruitment thread?

Secondly my thought is that the military (in the UK, don't know how it works in the US) have a chain of command for a reason. I see the chain pretty clearly (I am a private third class, sabs you are a corporal, and Joshua is a PFC). So Sabs that makes you in charge. Under our current extreme jamming situation, we will be expected to act under our own initiative, and accomplish the mission objectives.

We have a primary objective to deal with, and that is to get some records. Now we know they are tricky buggers, but sometimes a banzai attack can work anyway (see Tora Bora being taken by the SAS as an example). So I suggest that we move into the tower, and start heading towards where the records are held. The crash will be upsetting them too: they will have to running damage control as well as trying to stop us, so it isn't a bad idea. If the heavies move to extreme room clearing (blast the door, pop in a grenade, shoot the first person to move, shoot the nearest person, shoot everyone else) then we can just storm our way through.

Just a question for you Aria: do we have any idea where the records are being held? If not can we get the data out of Joshua's captive? If we don't know where lets go down: sensitive data in a fragile tower is likely to be out of the way of aircraft crashes.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Feb 28 2011, 04:25 AM
Post #429

Prime Runner

That's a freak load of civvies we'd be killing.
Not sure how Sticks feels about that.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Feb 28 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #430

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (sabs @ Feb 28 2011, 05:25 PM) *
That's a freak load of civvies we'd be killing.
Not sure how Sticks feels about that.

You are of course right. I am still thinking of this tower as being full of AI loving terrorist (which I still suspect it is), but a lot of them are deluded. And I am not so keen either.

OK so next few plans:
  • We proceed without the room clearing and take our licks
  • We negotiate with them: tell them what we are here for. Tell them that we are tough enough to take them (I suspect this is true). We don't want the massive loss of life this would incure, mainly on them (this is also true), so let us have the data we want, and we will clear out.
  • The ships flee, we lurk go in and save the day
  • We call it a bust and ship out

The second option looks best to me, but we need a negotiator. Joshua and I are unsuited (him more than me). What about you?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 1 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #431

Dragon

QUOTE (Seth @ Feb 28 2011, 06:17 AM) *
You are of course right. I am still thinking of this tower as being full of AI loving terrorist (which I still suspect it is), but a lot of them are deluded. And I am not so keen either.

OK so next few plans:
  • We proceed without the room clearing and take our licks
  • We negotiate with them: tell them what we are here for. Tell them that we are tough enough to take them (I suspect this is true). We don't want the massive loss of life this would incure, mainly on them (this is also true), so let us have the data we want, and we will clear out.
  • The ships flee, we lurk go in and save the day
  • We call it a bust and ship out

The second option looks best to me, but we need a negotiator. Joshua and I are unsuited (him more than me). What about you?

Mwhahahahaha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

So, which plan are you going for? OoC/ IC posts please (although I know lots of you are getting stuff ready for Seth's game...) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 1 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #432

Neophyte Runner

OK, sorry I was in fact sorting out stuff for my game. So lets get back into this one for a while (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Can I verify that the situation is as follows:

Joshua, I and the Heavies are together I think. Sabs I am guessing is in the rigger cocoon near us, but where his actual machines are I am not sure.
I have a feeling that most of the immediate threat is not here, and that most of the baddies (well kindof baddies) are retreating into the tower.
The Jamming is stopping us from talking, although we can probably talk to Sabs through one of his drones being near us.

I am not sure where the rest of us are.

If I am mostly correct, I will do an IC conversation with sabs in which I propose to go and talk to powers that be. I will get a spirit to search for the Masque and follow her in (flying a white flag)

If there are any karma points around that would help a lot as I can get a point of negotiate!

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 1 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #433

Prime Runner

I think we proceed with room to room sweeping. I'm not sure.. My character is completely unsuited to negotiations. Besides which hes' about to pick up "Prejudice, Severe: Technomancers" by the end of this run (if he lives.)

We have 2 concious LT's, and a couple of Sergeants who totally out rank us. They should be negotiating if that's their option. Our goal as I understand it right now is determine if these guys are a threat, and if so..get data so that the UCAS can eliminate them. If we eliminate a few on the way to getting that data.. who cares... right?

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 1 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #434

Neophyte Runner

OK lets go kick some butt. I wouldn't mind a summary of where I and the heavies think everyone is though.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 1 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #435

Prime Runner

I'm thinking if we do that.. we're gonna get slaughtered (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but.. Sticks isn't exactly happy. They tried to steal the Sultan from him. Honestly, he'd be happy to just get back in the Sultan and blow the tower up. Let the Forensic Analysts find Proof, or fabricate it later.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 1 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #436

Neophyte Runner

Do we have the firepower to blow up the tower?

I have to admit it's a tricky situation. I think I am tempted to try the negotiation anyway, and if that fails we can move to some serious room clearing.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 3 2011, 08:23 AM
Post #437

Neophyte Runner

Summoning Bobangi:
[ Spoiler ]

I'm then asking for the search service and chasing after Masque myself.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 3 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #438

Dragon

QUOTE (Seth @ Mar 1 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Do we have the firepower to blow up the tower?

I have to admit it's a tricky situation. I think I am tempted to try the negotiation anyway, and if that fails we can move to some serious room clearing.

Dahlia has a stack of explosives but I don't think it's anything big enough to take down the tower...not without a serious amount of prep anyway and I don't think the inhabitants would calmly let you do that!

Thanks for taking the initiative Seth! You'll find Masque in short order...hopefully no other unpleasant surprises (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Just one other thing, you keep saying 'taint' but there isn't anything massively negative about the aura around the tower, it's just STRONG

Sabs, how would you feel about a retroactive rank upgrade to Master Sgt? I wouldn't normally do something like this but in the interests of not having NPCs running the show that seems a good choice to me...and you've been taking the lead on things anyway so that wouldn't be breaking the game (and guess who buys the farm next?!? Tantilla's days might be numbered (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif) )

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 3 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #439

Neophyte Runner

Dahlia has a stack of explosives but I don't think it's anything big enough to take down the tower...not without a serious amount of prep anyway and I don't think the inhabitants would calmly let you do that!

yeah. I don't know that: look at my tech skills. Gash's view is that they are actually easy to seriously damage, and reinforcements can be here with loads of explosives quite easily.

The "taint" is the astral background from the barrens themselves...I thought we were still in toxic background. Is there a domain to the background?

I'm a big fan of sabs being retrospectively promoted.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 3 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #440

Dragon

QUOTE (Seth @ Mar 3 2011, 10:38 AM) *
The "taint" is the astral background from the barrens themselves...I thought we were still in toxic background. Is there a domain to the background?

The barrens taint ends at the boundary with the Stillwater Community. The area immediatly around the tower is an aspected domain, some sort of nature magic you think...possibly a druidic influence as weird as that sounds...

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 3 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #441

Prime Runner

That's fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) you can make me a Master Sgt.
But if you make me an officer, I will turn this bus around!

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 3 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #442

Dragon

QUOTE (sabs @ Mar 3 2011, 01:36 PM) *
That's fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) you can make me a Master Sgt.
But if you make me an officer, I will turn this bus around!

Welcome Master Sgt "Sticks"!

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 3 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #443

Neophyte Runner

Do do I call you Sarge or Gunny?

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 3 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #444

Prime Runner

Sarge, or Top would be common. THough in formal settings it would be Master Seargent, or Seargent (up to you)

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 4 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #445

Neophyte Runner

Nicely recovered Aria: its hard to breath life back into a game and you have done that.

Do you want to put out a recruitment thread as well? A couple more people would be very nice.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 4 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #446

Dragon

QUOTE (Seth @ Mar 4 2011, 02:14 PM) *
Nicely recovered Aria: its hard to breath life back into a game and you have done that.

Do you want to put out a recruitment thread as well? A couple more people would be very nice.

Might just do that! I've got lots of ideas up my sleeve (and even an entirely new sequel game) so let's keep this one going (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 4 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #447

Prime Runner

We're oh so not going to live :0

Aria, you did not address this in your post, but I was doing a drone count on my crawlers and stuff trying to see how many I still had.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 4 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #448

Dragon

QUOTE (sabs @ Mar 4 2011, 02:40 PM) *
We're oh so not going to live :0

Aria, you did not address this in your post, but I was doing a drone count on my crawlers and stuff trying to see how many I still had.

I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that all the crawlers were with Squad 1. Any of your ferrets etc are still out there but getting a line of sight to them will be damn near impossible now I would think...

Still you've got those lovely rotadrones with the big guns (and they will fit inside the tower) and the Nimrods protecting your escape route...

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 4 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #449

Neophyte Runner

OK I will cast an increase charisma anyway (I resist the drain using 4:1) only got 1 success so abandon it

I am hoping the fact that I am actually telling it the way it is will have a modifier but I am untrained in these things, so I guess its just charisma - 1

Two sucesses

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 7 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #450

Dragon

Looks like Sticks is in charge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.