Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Harvesting Thorns, Rose Garden?
Ascalaphus
post Oct 30 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,814

In the Mitsuhama chapter of Corporate Guide there's all sorts of talk about a Rose Garden. Anyone know what it means?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ProfGast
post Oct 30 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,081

The Implication seems to be that the Rose Garden is a program for cultivating Technomancers, possibly to harvest their organs and for creating biocomputing stuff. From the chapter fic, it looks like Puck has been captured and being subjected to who knows what as part of the Rose Garden program, and may also be the "silver thorn" that is referred to. In any case, they leave it kind of open ended so you can construct a run around it if you like. The way I see it, MCT is capturing Technos and using them as 'research' ... i'm sure the human rights activists would have something to say about that.

+Quote Post
MK Ultra
post Oct 31 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,324

I think the Rose Garden is MCT´s TM-research programm (including vivisection of TM-subjects - Puck aparently among them). Harvesting the thorns hints at a Dissonance conection. I´d suspect Pax (or some of her followers) found a new home in MCT - she was big in Otakure-search before C2.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Oct 31 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Oct 31 2010, 10:50 PM) *
she was big in Otakure-search before C2.

And the irony is that she succeeded at that. Pax wrote the Jormungand worm because she believed that would be the way to stop her fading - which is exactly what happened, even though the worm was destroyed. The old Otaku became technomancers, and both old and new technos no longer lose their skills when growing older.

And the rose garden thing is almost certainly something matrix-related. Just some food for thought, Puck went searching for former Ex Pacis members who should be dead (for the whole quote see the "What's Deus up to now" thread) and disappeared - next thing we hear about him is he's being vivisected in an MCT lab. Netcat went looking for him around the world, then she's suddenly back, pregnant, and worried about Deus threatening baby...

+Quote Post
ravensmuse
post Nov 1 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 14,507

Oo, that's some eerie coincidences lining up there. I can only agree with bringing Pax as a Dissonant. Love it.

+Quote Post
Megu
post Nov 1 2010, 02:21 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,268

I'm not really sure, but I'm envisioning Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena as behind it. Not sure how to feel about that.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Nov 1 2010, 07:41 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 31 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Netcat went looking for him around the world, then she's suddenly back, pregnant, and worried about Deus threatening baby...

I actually picked up on that only by reading the shadowtalk and chapter openings from Running Wild. Unfortunately my income as of late hasn't been cool enough for me to pick up any of the fiction or adventures so I only have to make due with the rulebooks.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Nov 1 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 1 2010, 08:41 AM) *
I actually picked up on that only by reading the shadowtalk and chapter openings from Running Wild. Unfortunately my income as of late hasn't been cool enough for me to pick up any of the fiction or adventures so I only have to make due with the rulebooks.

The intro fictions and shadowtalk are the only sources I am aware of, too. The "where in the world?" started in UW with Puck disappearing, then there were two pieces of intro fiction about Netcat in back-of-beyond places (Afghanistan and...Italy?) apparently afraid to use the matrix, then in RW she's back and making friends with another kind of net cat, finally in Corp Guide we learn what happened to Puck plus Netcat is pregnant and scared. OK, pregnant women can be a bit irrational, but..

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Nov 1 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #9

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

Wonder what Slamm-O has to say about all this?

-k

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Nov 1 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 1 2010, 01:58 PM) *

-k

"I swear to Dog that I ran an antivirus before we...y'know!"

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Nov 1 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #11

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

you could have all sorts of runs trying to find out, even location could be hard to find. Where are they shipping large maounts of X

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post Nov 1 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

Wow, that is fucked up. What an interesting thread...

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Nov 1 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #13

Great Dragon

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 1 2010, 02:58 PM) *

Well, a planned pregnancy does not really fit his character angle, so probably something like "uhm..." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Nov 1 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #14

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

Now to see if future writers can carry it onwards...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.