Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harvesting Thorns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ascalaphus
In the Mitsuhama chapter of Corporate Guide there's all sorts of talk about a Rose Garden. Anyone know what it means?
ProfGast
The Implication seems to be that the Rose Garden is a program for cultivating Technomancers, possibly to harvest their organs and for creating biocomputing stuff. From the chapter fic, it looks like Puck has been captured and being subjected to who knows what as part of the Rose Garden program, and may also be the "silver thorn" that is referred to. In any case, they leave it kind of open ended so you can construct a run around it if you like. The way I see it, MCT is capturing Technos and using them as 'research' ... i'm sure the human rights activists would have something to say about that.
MK Ultra
I think the Rose Garden is MCT´s TM-research programm (including vivisection of TM-subjects - Puck aparently among them). Harvesting the thorns hints at a Dissonance conection. I´d suspect Pax (or some of her followers) found a new home in MCT - she was big in Otakure-search before C2.
Sengir
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Oct 31 2010, 10:50 PM) *
she was big in Otakure-search before C2.

And the irony is that she succeeded at that. Pax wrote the Jormungand worm because she believed that would be the way to stop her fading - which is exactly what happened, even though the worm was destroyed. The old Otaku became technomancers, and both old and new technos no longer lose their skills when growing older.

And the rose garden thing is almost certainly something matrix-related. Just some food for thought, Puck went searching for former Ex Pacis members who should be dead (for the whole quote see the "What's Deus up to now" thread) and disappeared - next thing we hear about him is he's being vivisected in an MCT lab. Netcat went looking for him around the world, then she's suddenly back, pregnant, and worried about Deus threatening baby...
ravensmuse
Oo, that's some eerie coincidences lining up there. I can only agree with bringing Pax as a Dissonant. Love it.
Megu
I'm not really sure, but I'm envisioning Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena as behind it. Not sure how to feel about that.
Neraph
QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 31 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Netcat went looking for him around the world, then she's suddenly back, pregnant, and worried about Deus threatening baby...

I actually picked up on that only by reading the shadowtalk and chapter openings from Running Wild. Unfortunately my income as of late hasn't been cool enough for me to pick up any of the fiction or adventures so I only have to make due with the rulebooks.
Sengir
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 1 2010, 08:41 AM) *
I actually picked up on that only by reading the shadowtalk and chapter openings from Running Wild. Unfortunately my income as of late hasn't been cool enough for me to pick up any of the fiction or adventures so I only have to make due with the rulebooks.

The intro fictions and shadowtalk are the only sources I am aware of, too. The "where in the world?" started in UW with Puck disappearing, then there were two pieces of intro fiction about Netcat in back-of-beyond places (Afghanistan and...Italy?) apparently afraid to use the matrix, then in RW she's back and making friends with another kind of net cat, finally in Corp Guide we learn what happened to Puck plus Netcat is pregnant and scared. OK, pregnant women can be a bit irrational, but..
KarmaInferno
Wonder what Slamm-O has to say about all this?

-k
Doc Chase
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 1 2010, 01:58 PM) *

-k

"I swear to Dog that I ran an antivirus before we...y'know!"
Snow_Fox
you could have all sorts of runs trying to find out, even location could be hard to find. Where are they shipping large maounts of X
Neurosis
Wow, that is fucked up. What an interesting thread...
Sengir
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Nov 1 2010, 02:58 PM) *

Well, a planned pregnancy does not really fit his character angle, so probably something like "uhm..." grinbig.gif
hobgoblin
Now to see if future writers can carry it onwards...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012