Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flechette Rounds, Rule Clarification
theartthief
post Mar 10 2004, 06:17 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,111

Ok, this may be picking at straws but something is bothering me. I have a copy of SR3 (12th ed. if anyone cares) and I am reading about flechette rounds.

On page 116 it states that the higher of ballistic or 2*impact armor is used against flechette rounds.

On page 280 it states that the rounds "... will cut through standard ballistic armor."

So, which is it? Do my players get to bypass ballistic armor or not. Personally I don't care I just wanted to get some other thoughts on this.

If it truly does by-pass ballistic, then the Ares Viper Silvergun will most likely be getting new use... ;)

- theartthief
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Mar 10 2004, 06:18 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

May i suggest you do a search on the topic for this has been brought up before..............

+Quote Post
grendel
post Mar 10 2004, 06:22 AM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 284

The rules are on p. 116. The text on p. 280 (gear section, right?) is most likely flavor text or description.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Mar 10 2004, 11:37 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

Yeah. Just stick to the rules of Flechette ammo. If you start thinking about it, your head's gonna explode.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 10 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #5

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

By "cutting through" I think they mean that no special penalty is applied. If you want you could reduce ballistic by 1/2, but most of the time twice impact is going to be the value used anyway.

~J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:45 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.