Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drone Construction Rules
Khadajico
post Nov 12 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,258

I can see the vehicle modification rules in the Arsenal book but I cannot seem to find any rules about building Drones from scratch.

Am I going blind or am I stuck with modifying the existing drones ?

Khadajico
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MikeKozar
post Nov 12 2010, 07:47 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,426

I was never able to find any. Between the half-page in the core book and the chapter in Arsenal, you've got at least a base model for each role, but that's about it.

Use the Doberman as a light ground support, and the Steel Lynx as a heavy support. The Rotordrone is a classic, but the LEBD from Arsenal comes stock with a weapon mount. Fly-spys work well for surveilence, and the Ferret makes a good scout.

I wish we had build rules for dones, but the mod rules will get you what you need.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Nov 12 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

You can't find any because they don't exist. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Alas, no Rigger 4. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
sabs
post Nov 12 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Nov 12 2010, 09:41 PM) *
You can't find any because they don't exist. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Alas, no Rigger 4. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

Doesn't Catalyst have enough problems skirting Bankruptcy as it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 12 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 12,442

Also, since you have "templates" to work with, I'm assuming if you take the time to ask you GM and work out some stuff as "custom" he will most likely allow it as long as it's comparable. If you have armorer and mechanics skills, you can ask him if you can have created your own drones from scraps and parts. Again, as long as its consistent with comparable designs in as far as qualities, attributes, and cost, I can't seem him turning you down.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Nov 12 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #6

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

For 95% of applications, though, it's best just to use the existing mod rules.

+Quote Post
klinktastic
post Nov 12 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 12,442

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Nov 12 2010, 05:48 PM) *
For 95% of applications, though, it's best just to use the existing mod rules.

/agree, the 5% being you RP'ing an ex-drone engineer and you're trying to get your drones patented or something.

+Quote Post
Khadajico
post Nov 13 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 18,258

Thanks guys, I will just have to go with the modification rules and try and just use my GM sense and wing it from there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Has anyone looked at ported rigger 4 over ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:18 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.