Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drone Construction Rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Khadajico
I can see the vehicle modification rules in the Arsenal book but I cannot seem to find any rules about building Drones from scratch.

Am I going blind or am I stuck with modifying the existing drones ?

Khadajico
MikeKozar
I was never able to find any. Between the half-page in the core book and the chapter in Arsenal, you've got at least a base model for each role, but that's about it.

Use the Doberman as a light ground support, and the Steel Lynx as a heavy support. The Rotordrone is a classic, but the LEBD from Arsenal comes stock with a weapon mount. Fly-spys work well for surveilence, and the Ferret makes a good scout.

I wish we had build rules for dones, but the mod rules will get you what you need.
Yerameyahu
You can't find any because they don't exist. smile.gif Alas, no Rigger 4. frown.gif
sabs
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Nov 12 2010, 09:41 PM) *
You can't find any because they don't exist. smile.gif Alas, no Rigger 4. frown.gif

Doesn't Catalyst have enough problems skirting Bankruptcy as it is smile.gif
klinktastic
Also, since you have "templates" to work with, I'm assuming if you take the time to ask you GM and work out some stuff as "custom" he will most likely allow it as long as it's comparable. If you have armorer and mechanics skills, you can ask him if you can have created your own drones from scraps and parts. Again, as long as its consistent with comparable designs in as far as qualities, attributes, and cost, I can't seem him turning you down.
Yerameyahu
For 95% of applications, though, it's best just to use the existing mod rules.
klinktastic
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Nov 12 2010, 05:48 PM) *
For 95% of applications, though, it's best just to use the existing mod rules.

/agree, the 5% being you RP'ing an ex-drone engineer and you're trying to get your drones patented or something.
Khadajico
Thanks guys, I will just have to go with the modification rules and try and just use my GM sense and wing it from there smile.gif

Has anyone looked at ported rigger 4 over ?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012