IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One for the road..., ideas for encounters while on the road.
Czar Eggbert
post Nov 14 2010, 07:08 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 975

So after years of being a lurker, a player, and a general fan of Shadowrun, I have finally dipped my Game Master's arena. Of course, being a novice GM, I have now gotten myself into a bit of a quandry. I have allowed my players to get their hands on a bloodmage and they are now on their way from Omaha to Boston. They have decided to drive, lucky for me, and I am looking for some advice on ways to make them earn this money. I don't think that I will take their prize from them completely, but I would like their road trip to worth their while.

Czar Eggbert
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raiki
post Nov 14 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,080

Well, I'm sure that the blood mage has a friend or two who would be willing to consider rescuing him. Especially if he's an AZT blood mage.

Actually, just throwing some Aztechnology goons at them would be a quick and dirty solution. They're always looking for new "talent".

Also, depending on what route you take, there should be some primo wilderness that could be claimed by any number of baddies, from gangers to ghouls. Especially if they take the back routes to lay low.

Just my 2 nu ones.

~R~

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Nov 14 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,556

Go-gangs are always an option.

If it is an AZT bloodmage and the team's got the firepower to deal with, you could send an Aguilar after them. AZT trying to kill their own bloodmage for being stupid enough to get captured could make for interesting times.

+Quote Post
Axe
post Nov 14 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 6,590

Road trips are always a fun excuse for para-critters. Maybe have a thunderbird's electric powers jam their GPS and get them lost or something.

+Quote Post
Jizmack
post Nov 14 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,151

If they're taking the 80 East, then Chicago (Greater Chicago Metroplex Area) is on the way to Boston.
It's a great place to hide-out from corps (or get lost in), and they can be "diverted" there if they are followed or otherwise attacked.
Check it out in Feral Cities (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Vertaxis
post Nov 15 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 2,334

Think "The Road Warrior" or "Mad Max".

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Nov 15 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,556

With more/bigger guns.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.