Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happened with..., Anniversary Edition Rulebooks
Thanee
post Nov 26 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #1

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Does anyone know what happened with the Anniversary Edition Rulebooks (SR4A style Street Magic, Arsenal, Augmentation, Unwired, Runner's Companion)?

Will those still be done?

Bye
Thanee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InfinityzeN
post Nov 26 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,707

Not sure I follow you, the only announced 20th Anniversary book is the core rulebook.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Nov 26 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

I don't think they where ever going to do Anniversary editions of other books then the corebook.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Nov 26 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #4

jacked in

Hmm... I'm pretty sure I have read about other Anniversary Rulebooks as well... I recall reading about Street Magic Enhanced Edition or something like that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Might be that I saw this in an online shop, maybe that was just a false listing then?

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Zyerne
post Nov 26 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,556

What those are, I think, are updated splatbooks with page references in line with SR4A rather than SR4. As far as I know, they're just updated reprints.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Nov 26 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #6

jacked in

So, no nice full-color rulebooks (Street Magic, Arsenal, Augmentation, Unwired, Runner's Companion) then? Ah well... guess it was just wishful thinking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Nov 26 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,753

I'm pretty certain there was talk of having Anniversary editions of all the main books.

It might have been what people would like to have, or it might have been future planned products.

But then, that was before it took over a year for the promised Anniversary rulebook to appear, so maybe they were due and then got quietly cancelled.

+Quote Post
Larsine
post Dec 3 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,604

In the last developer chat Jason answered the question, and said that it was to late in the edition cycle to do the core books in an anniversary edition.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Dec 4 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

And to be honest, I can't afford to but the same book twice (the only exception to this was SR4A). It would be far easier & more cost-effective to print an Errata updating said book(s) to SR4A. The money thus saved can be put toward newer books & adventures.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Dec 4 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #10

jacked in

Well, eventually the core books would run out of stock and needed to be reprinted anyways.

Ok, so I have to live with the ones I got, then. I guess I can manage that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thanks!

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 4 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #11

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

And it may well be that they considered it before the economic issues hit full force, but now is economically dangerous (hell, shadowrun as a whole seems to have taken a serious back burner vs all things mech).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.