Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [RL] chips that beats paralysis
Sheala
post Dec 6 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,868

I think its really nice, maybe precursor for wired reflexes or MBW ?
linky
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/11/25/active...lize-paralyzed/

I am sure army will whack this device to help able bodied people to be even more athletic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Dec 6 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #2

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

If i understand this right, this is a bridge across areas of the spine that have been damaged. This in comparison to other solutions where they have run wires from the skull to attempt to activate muscles.

+Quote Post
The Shuhite
post Dec 6 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,500

awesome find.

However, reading the articles I don't see how it could improve a working spine for better reaction speed or athletics. To me, it pretty much just looks like a way of reconnecting previously broken nerves.

+Quote Post
Sheala
post Dec 7 2010, 12:01 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 17,868

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 7 2010, 12:53 AM) *
If i understand this right, this is a bridge across areas of the spine that have been damaged. This in comparison to other solutions where they have run wires from the skull to attempt to activate muscles.

You are right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) so dunno, how its really shadowruny, maybe just technooptimistic.

+Quote Post
Aarakin
post Dec 7 2010, 03:54 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 17,706

Depends on the data transfer rate of the implant in comparison to undamaged spinal cord....

If the implants are faster, then there is now a reason to use it to replace healthy nerves and voila, you now have reaction enhancers.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Dec 7 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #6

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

On the same page there is a link to a discussion about a telepscopic eye-implant.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post Dec 7 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

QUOTE (Aarakin @ Dec 6 2010, 10:54 PM) *
Depends on the data transfer rate of the implant in comparison to undamaged spinal cord....

If the implants are faster, then there is now a reason to use it to replace healthy nerves and voila, you now have reaction enhancers.

Yep. Nerves are actually fairly slow about transmitting information, so using wires which transmit information at the speed of light could improve reaction times significantly.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Dec 7 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 7 2010, 10:53 AM) *
On the same page there is a link to a discussion about a telepscopic eye-implant.

Which I posted about months ago.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.