Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [RL] chips that beats paralysis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sheala
I think its really nice, maybe precursor for wired reflexes or MBW ?
linky
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/11/25/active...lize-paralyzed/

I am sure army will whack this device to help able bodied people to be even more athletic smile.gif
hobgoblin
If i understand this right, this is a bridge across areas of the spine that have been damaged. This in comparison to other solutions where they have run wires from the skull to attempt to activate muscles.
The Shuhite
awesome find.

However, reading the articles I don't see how it could improve a working spine for better reaction speed or athletics. To me, it pretty much just looks like a way of reconnecting previously broken nerves.
Sheala
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 7 2010, 12:53 AM) *
If i understand this right, this is a bridge across areas of the spine that have been damaged. This in comparison to other solutions where they have run wires from the skull to attempt to activate muscles.

You are right smile.gif so dunno, how its really shadowruny, maybe just technooptimistic.
Aarakin
Depends on the data transfer rate of the implant in comparison to undamaged spinal cord....

If the implants are faster, then there is now a reason to use it to replace healthy nerves and voila, you now have reaction enhancers.
pbangarth
On the same page there is a link to a discussion about a telepscopic eye-implant.
Karoline
QUOTE (Aarakin @ Dec 6 2010, 10:54 PM) *
Depends on the data transfer rate of the implant in comparison to undamaged spinal cord....

If the implants are faster, then there is now a reason to use it to replace healthy nerves and voila, you now have reaction enhancers.

Yep. Nerves are actually fairly slow about transmitting information, so using wires which transmit information at the speed of light could improve reaction times significantly.
Draco18s
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 7 2010, 10:53 AM) *
On the same page there is a link to a discussion about a telepscopic eye-implant.

Which I posted about months ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012