IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Character Generator Program Coming Soon!, New stand alone program not a spread sheet.
PissedoffBuddha
post Dec 10 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: New Member Probation
Member No.: 19,115

Hey all,

You may have seen my post in the regular forums about my upcoming sr4 char gen program. I am posting here to ask for help. I am having to type up my databases in .txt files and I am wondering if anyone is willing to help with some very very boring typing. If so please message me and i'll give you the details of the files. One plus is that you can customize the description of a item, skill, powers etc if you don't like the current ones. I'll warn you all again, that this typing has been very boring, but is necessary. As a treat for you all I have posted a screen shot of my program. It is still an alpha version and I haven't done any thing to make the GUI look better, but this is a start.

-PissedoffBuddha

Main Window of the Program

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7628/generator.jpg

Main Window with a few items and showing off the ToolTip Feature (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6483/generator2i.jpg

UPDATE:

January 4th, 2011
-Got stuck for a bit with Serialization, but save/load functions are now moving forward and hope to have beta up very very soon!

This post has been edited by PissedoffBuddha: Jan 4 2011, 05:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Dec 13 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #2

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,798

Looks good so far.

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Dec 14 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

You may want to move the various labels (Skills, Qualities, Contacts, etc.) from the bottom of the boxes to the top. It's more intuitive.

+Quote Post
Sponge
post Dec 20 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 14,097

Have you worked out the format for the text data that you want to use? I'd be willing to help out with it if I can reuse the text files myself.

+Quote Post
WyldKnight
post Dec 20 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,140

Will it have room for vehicle/weapon/drone mods?

+Quote Post
Kot
post Dec 21 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 18,322

Will it have a good sorting mechanism for Gear, and such? The old one was really annoying.

+Quote Post
PissedoffBuddha
post Dec 21 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #7

Target

Group: New Member Probation
Member No.: 19,115

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Dec 14 2010, 10:26 PM) *
You may want to move the various labels (Skills, Qualities, Contacts, etc.) from the bottom of the boxes to the top. It's more intuitive.

I will look into moving that, I am also flipflopping the current attribute level and the BP amount. I may do that after the beta is released though.

QUOTE (Sponge @ Dec 20 2010, 12:08 AM) *
Have you worked out the format for the text data that you want to use? I'd be willing to help out with it if I can reuse the text files myself.

I have all the formats done. I will be just doing the CoreBook for the beta, so I may ask for your help after that.

QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Dec 20 2010, 10:43 PM) *
Will it have room for vehicle/weapon/drone mods?

The Vehicle/Drone tab has a spot for modifications, they will add to the same "owned" box but be offset with a ' + '
You will also be able to move anything up and down to look better
Example:

(Vehicle)
+ (Mod)

QUOTE (Kot @ Dec 21 2010, 10:34 AM) *
Will it have a good sorting mechanism for Gear, and such? The old one was really annoying.

The Gear is decently close to theirs. I have gotten rid of a lot of the stuff in gear though and moved it and sorted it better.
Example:

Firearms is now broken down by type and subtype, and is in the Weapons tab

Pistols: Holdout
Pistols: Light
...etc

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:55 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.