Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Character Generator Program Coming Soon!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
PissedoffBuddha
Hey all,

You may have seen my post in the regular forums about my upcoming sr4 char gen program. I am posting here to ask for help. I am having to type up my databases in .txt files and I am wondering if anyone is willing to help with some very very boring typing. If so please message me and i'll give you the details of the files. One plus is that you can customize the description of a item, skill, powers etc if you don't like the current ones. I'll warn you all again, that this typing has been very boring, but is necessary. As a treat for you all I have posted a screen shot of my program. It is still an alpha version and I haven't done any thing to make the GUI look better, but this is a start.

-PissedoffBuddha

Main Window of the Program

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7628/generator.jpg

Main Window with a few items and showing off the ToolTip Feature grinbig.gif

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6483/generator2i.jpg

UPDATE:

January 4th, 2011
-Got stuck for a bit with Serialization, but save/load functions are now moving forward and hope to have beta up very very soon!
Zolhex
Looks good so far.
Tanegar
You may want to move the various labels (Skills, Qualities, Contacts, etc.) from the bottom of the boxes to the top. It's more intuitive.
Sponge
Have you worked out the format for the text data that you want to use? I'd be willing to help out with it if I can reuse the text files myself.
WyldKnight
Will it have room for vehicle/weapon/drone mods?
Kot
Will it have a good sorting mechanism for Gear, and such? The old one was really annoying.
PissedoffBuddha
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Dec 14 2010, 10:26 PM) *
You may want to move the various labels (Skills, Qualities, Contacts, etc.) from the bottom of the boxes to the top. It's more intuitive.

I will look into moving that, I am also flipflopping the current attribute level and the BP amount. I may do that after the beta is released though.

QUOTE (Sponge @ Dec 20 2010, 12:08 AM) *
Have you worked out the format for the text data that you want to use? I'd be willing to help out with it if I can reuse the text files myself.

I have all the formats done. I will be just doing the CoreBook for the beta, so I may ask for your help after that.

QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Dec 20 2010, 10:43 PM) *
Will it have room for vehicle/weapon/drone mods?

The Vehicle/Drone tab has a spot for modifications, they will add to the same "owned" box but be offset with a ' + '
You will also be able to move anything up and down to look better
Example:

(Vehicle)
+ (Mod)

QUOTE (Kot @ Dec 21 2010, 10:34 AM) *
Will it have a good sorting mechanism for Gear, and such? The old one was really annoying.

The Gear is decently close to theirs. I have gotten rid of a lot of the stuff in gear though and moved it and sorted it better.
Example:

Firearms is now broken down by type and subtype, and is in the Weapons tab

Pistols: Holdout
Pistols: Light
...etc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012