Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Military grade armour upgrades.
Hagga
post Dec 14 2010, 02:22 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,538

With the release of WAR, I'm wiggling like a little puppy and cracked open Arsenal.. only to realise there aren't capacity listings for military armour upgrades. I don't suppose anyone knows if I'm missing it elsewhere in the books? I can't spot it in Errata, either, but I may just be blind.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brazilian_Shinob...
post Dec 14 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,437

QUOTE (Hagga @ Dec 13 2010, 11:22 PM) *
With the release of WAR, I'm wiggling like a little puppy and cracked open Arsenal.. only to realise there aren't capacity listings for military armour upgrades. I don't suppose anyone knows if I'm missing it elsewhere in the books? I can't spot it in Errata, either, but I may just be blind.

My copy of Arsenal has the capacities listed on a table at page 44 and at the first table at page 182.

As far as I know it is first print. When was the last time you went to see your oftalmologist? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Hagga
post Dec 14 2010, 04:32 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,538

Huh. The 44 misses it, but the 182 tables... I think it's time to get an optometrist appointment. Or a kick in the pants.

Thanks muchly.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Dec 14 2010, 05:02 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

QUOTE (Hagga @ Dec 13 2010, 07:22 PM) *

The armor modification rules are -sorely- lacking in standardization. Weapon mods are good to go with rules as written.

Armor mods, however.....

Not so much. Here is why:

Both rules for handling armor mods in Arsenal are -optional- rules. There are in fact two systems: Capacity, which is included in statblocks for armor in that system, and is -entirely- misleading because its not a standard rule. Seriously, not joking, see page 44: Armor Rules.
The -other- optional rule has a variable amount of modifications available dependent on the armor value of the armor, instead of a capacity. I tend to like this one better, but the other one makes more sense.

Under the default ruleset, though, you are not limited in max mods. You just buy your armor, and slap whatever you feel like on it. No upper ceiling. Really, go check the core book.

I'm just -waiting- to see a missions character that takes a suit of milspec armor, and put -all- the milspec mods on it. At once. Because missions don't use optional rules. Ever. And armor capacity is an optional rule, despite having a listing in a statblock. Makes lots of sense, doesn't it?

Still, understanding how it all works(or doesn't) leads to some amusing scenarios which are fun to laugh about. Theoretically(and stupidly), this means a mere suit of light milspec armor can go all Doctor Octopus with multiple articulated weapon arms. In fact, you could have an unlimited number of them, if you could afford them all. Actually -using- them all at once is an entirely different story, though.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Dec 14 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #5

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

QUOTE (Hagga @ Dec 14 2010, 03:22 AM) *
With the release of WAR, I'm wiggling like a little puppy and cracked open Arsenal.. only to realise there aren't capacity listings for military armour upgrades.

That's no biggie anyway, since restricting upgrades to capacity or rating is an optional rule, like custom-made armor and armor degradation.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.