Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Military grade armour upgrades.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hagga
With the release of WAR, I'm wiggling like a little puppy and cracked open Arsenal.. only to realise there aren't capacity listings for military armour upgrades. I don't suppose anyone knows if I'm missing it elsewhere in the books? I can't spot it in Errata, either, but I may just be blind.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Hagga @ Dec 13 2010, 11:22 PM) *
With the release of WAR, I'm wiggling like a little puppy and cracked open Arsenal.. only to realise there aren't capacity listings for military armour upgrades. I don't suppose anyone knows if I'm missing it elsewhere in the books? I can't spot it in Errata, either, but I may just be blind.

My copy of Arsenal has the capacities listed on a table at page 44 and at the first table at page 182.

As far as I know it is first print. When was the last time you went to see your oftalmologist? wink.gif
Hagga
Huh. The 44 misses it, but the 182 tables... I think it's time to get an optometrist appointment. Or a kick in the pants.

Thanks muchly.
Udoshi
QUOTE (Hagga @ Dec 13 2010, 07:22 PM) *

The armor modification rules are -sorely- lacking in standardization. Weapon mods are good to go with rules as written.

Armor mods, however.....

Not so much. Here is why:

Both rules for handling armor mods in Arsenal are -optional- rules. There are in fact two systems: Capacity, which is included in statblocks for armor in that system, and is -entirely- misleading because its not a standard rule. Seriously, not joking, see page 44: Armor Rules.
The -other- optional rule has a variable amount of modifications available dependent on the armor value of the armor, instead of a capacity. I tend to like this one better, but the other one makes more sense.

Under the default ruleset, though, you are not limited in max mods. You just buy your armor, and slap whatever you feel like on it. No upper ceiling. Really, go check the core book.

I'm just -waiting- to see a missions character that takes a suit of milspec armor, and put -all- the milspec mods on it. At once. Because missions don't use optional rules. Ever. And armor capacity is an optional rule, despite having a listing in a statblock. Makes lots of sense, doesn't it?

Still, understanding how it all works(or doesn't) leads to some amusing scenarios which are fun to laugh about. Theoretically(and stupidly), this means a mere suit of light milspec armor can go all Doctor Octopus with multiple articulated weapon arms. In fact, you could have an unlimited number of them, if you could afford them all. Actually -using- them all at once is an entirely different story, though.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Hagga @ Dec 14 2010, 03:22 AM) *
With the release of WAR, I'm wiggling like a little puppy and cracked open Arsenal.. only to realise there aren't capacity listings for military armour upgrades.

That's no biggie anyway, since restricting upgrades to capacity or rating is an optional rule, like custom-made armor and armor degradation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012