IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What does 1MP =?, Because I saw someone looking...
Stumps
post Mar 16 2004, 02:06 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,724

QUOTE (Bitbasher)

1 mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio or video only recording. 2mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio and video recording.

I don't remember the page that Bitbasher gave, so he'll have to hand that out for it's been FAR too long since the post I pulled this from (old forums).

------------------
The only reason I posted this, was that I was hanging around the "last clicked" section...hey! I'm at work. I got nothing better to do...and saw a thread named something like "What does MP equal?"
I remebered having that conversation LOOONG ago and pulled up ye ol' forums but by the time I got back I lost track of the thread in question...I put in MP in the search engine with no results, so just for general FYI for all who may not know this yet, or are new to Dumpshock since the move, here you go.
------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Mar 16 2004, 02:14 AM
Post #2

Traumatizing players since 1992

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 220

Well. I never gave one. Theres no real correct direct analogy for MP to current day measurements. What is it exactly that you are looking for?

+Quote Post
Stumps
post Mar 16 2004, 02:17 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

I'm not looking for anything...I just noticed someone else was and thought that it's been a while since anyone bothered to say much about it.

I do remember you listing a page back when though Bitbasher...it was somewhere back with the Vid section or something.

+Quote Post
RedmondLarry
post Mar 16 2004, 03:08 AM
Post #4

Senior GM

Member No.: 4,442

So you don't have a question? You're not asking for a rule clarification? You're not posing some interesting tidbit from the rules for the discussion of the people on Dumpshock? You're not even asking for the page number of the rule, as far as I can see.

OK, I'll post something from the book. Hmmm. Ah... here's one. An Ares Predator does 9M base damage. I don't remember what page that is on.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 16 2004, 03:36 AM
Post #5

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

Insect Shamans' round up on spirit counts.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Mar 16 2004, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Otaku's round up too, just to be confusing.

+Quote Post
Stumps
post Mar 16 2004, 03:56 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

LOL
ok ok...I got the point...
It's just a fairly often asked question, and one that usually strikes up a large thread of debating. I saw someone fishing around in the search engine for it and thought..oh shit, here it comes. So I posted this in hopes of just FYI-ing those would be "MP is how much again?" thread starters.
In hind site...may have been bad form.

maybe what we need is a small set of web pages that cover a definitive guide to the over discussed issues so that they can't be re-rived into new flesh for another 60 something pages of redundancy.

And to the Admins...I apologize ahead of time though be-lated.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Mar 16 2004, 04:45 AM
Post #8

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Incidently, the reference in question comes from the Cyberwear listing in the BBB (Ear Recorder or Cyber Camera?), although I'll let any interested party find the specific page themselves. I seem to recall a further mention in relation to this subject, but can't remember from where exactly.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 16 2004, 04:48 AM
Post #9

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

Rigger 3, sensors and stuff. Talks about magnification too.

+Quote Post
Connor
post Mar 16 2004, 04:50 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,652

I believe that particular quote is from the opticam or some such cyberware implant. One of the recording devices at least... It should be easy to find in the BBB.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 16 2004, 05:54 AM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

When you're modifying a vehicle, keep track of how much the cost is with all modifications, because when you look at the maintenance rules and realize they work off of the total cost of the vehicle, which is a number that has never been recorded, you are going to stab R3 and yourself in that order.

~J

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Mar 16 2004, 06:00 AM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
When you're modifying a vehicle, keep track of how much the cost is with all modifications, because when you look at the maintenance rules and realize they work off of the total cost of the vehicle, which is a number that has never been recorded, you are going to stab R3 and yourself in that order.

~J

So Kage how many knife wounds you have??? :D :P

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Mar 16 2004, 12:51 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,153

QUOTE (Stumps)
QUOTE (Bitbasher)

1 mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio or video only recording. 2mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio and video recording.

I don't remember the page that Bitbasher gave, so he'll have to hand that out for it's been FAR too long since the post I pulled this from (old forums).

------------------
The only reason I posted this, was that I was hanging around the "last clicked" section...hey! I'm at work. I got nothing better to do...and saw a thread named something like "What does MP equal?"
I remebered having that conversation LOOONG ago and pulled up ye ol' forums but by the time I got back I lost track of the thread in question...I put in MP in the search engine with no results, so just for general FYI for all who may not know this yet, or are new to Dumpshock since the move, here you go.
------------------

Has it been said anywhere how much text an MP is worth? Just out of curiosity.

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Mar 16 2004, 03:10 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Member No.: 2,032

This page has an interesting definition of the Pulse and Mega Pulse. It still dosen't say exactly how much it can hold.

+Quote Post
fctarbox3
post Mar 16 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 6,134

"Microsoft Word take up 30MB on your hard drive today"

Y'know, I've seen "Oh how naive we were" jokes every couple years for the past 20 years, and they're still funny.

OTOH, I love this guy's definition. It rocks.

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Mar 17 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Insect Shamans' round up on spirit counts.

Otaku's round up too, just to be confusing.

:proof:

There's the proof I've been looking for! Otaku are EVIL and in league with the Invae! Death to the Deep Resonance!!! DEATH to the Insect Spirits!!!

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Mar 17 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #17

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Does that mean you side with the Dissonance?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.