Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What does 1MP =?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stumps
QUOTE (Bitbasher)

1 mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio or video only recording. 2mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio and video recording.

I don't remember the page that Bitbasher gave, so he'll have to hand that out for it's been FAR too long since the post I pulled this from (old forums).

------------------
The only reason I posted this, was that I was hanging around the "last clicked" section...hey! I'm at work. I got nothing better to do...and saw a thread named something like "What does MP equal?"
I remebered having that conversation LOOONG ago and pulled up ye ol' forums but by the time I got back I lost track of the thread in question...I put in MP in the search engine with no results, so just for general FYI for all who may not know this yet, or are new to Dumpshock since the move, here you go.
------------------
BitBasher
Well. I never gave one. Theres no real correct direct analogy for MP to current day measurements. What is it exactly that you are looking for?
Stumps
I'm not looking for anything...I just noticed someone else was and thought that it's been a while since anyone bothered to say much about it.

I do remember you listing a page back when though Bitbasher...it was somewhere back with the Vid section or something.
RedmondLarry
So you don't have a question? You're not asking for a rule clarification? You're not posing some interesting tidbit from the rules for the discussion of the people on Dumpshock? You're not even asking for the page number of the rule, as far as I can see.

OK, I'll post something from the book. Hmmm. Ah... here's one. An Ares Predator does 9M base damage. I don't remember what page that is on.
Kanada Ten
Insect Shamans' round up on spirit counts.
Dashifen
Otaku's round up too, just to be confusing.
Stumps
LOL
ok ok...I got the point...
It's just a fairly often asked question, and one that usually strikes up a large thread of debating. I saw someone fishing around in the search engine for it and thought..oh shit, here it comes. So I posted this in hopes of just FYI-ing those would be "MP is how much again?" thread starters.
In hind site...may have been bad form.

maybe what we need is a small set of web pages that cover a definitive guide to the over discussed issues so that they can't be re-rived into new flesh for another 60 something pages of redundancy.

And to the Admins...I apologize ahead of time though be-lated.
Fortune
Incidently, the reference in question comes from the Cyberwear listing in the BBB (Ear Recorder or Cyber Camera?), although I'll let any interested party find the specific page themselves. I seem to recall a further mention in relation to this subject, but can't remember from where exactly.
Kanada Ten
Rigger 3, sensors and stuff. Talks about magnification too.
Connor
I believe that particular quote is from the opticam or some such cyberware implant. One of the recording devices at least... It should be easy to find in the BBB.
Kagetenshi
When you're modifying a vehicle, keep track of how much the cost is with all modifications, because when you look at the maintenance rules and realize they work off of the total cost of the vehicle, which is a number that has never been recorded, you are going to stab R3 and yourself in that order.

~J
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
When you're modifying a vehicle, keep track of how much the cost is with all modifications, because when you look at the maintenance rules and realize they work off of the total cost of the vehicle, which is a number that has never been recorded, you are going to stab R3 and yourself in that order.

~J

So Kage how many knife wounds you have??? biggrin.gif nyahnyah.gif
Reaver
QUOTE (Stumps)
QUOTE (Bitbasher)

1 mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio or video only recording. 2mp is equivalent to 1 minute of audio and video recording.

I don't remember the page that Bitbasher gave, so he'll have to hand that out for it's been FAR too long since the post I pulled this from (old forums).

------------------
The only reason I posted this, was that I was hanging around the "last clicked" section...hey! I'm at work. I got nothing better to do...and saw a thread named something like "What does MP equal?"
I remebered having that conversation LOOONG ago and pulled up ye ol' forums but by the time I got back I lost track of the thread in question...I put in MP in the search engine with no results, so just for general FYI for all who may not know this yet, or are new to Dumpshock since the move, here you go.
------------------

Has it been said anywhere how much text an MP is worth? Just out of curiosity.
Lilt
This page has an interesting definition of the Pulse and Mega Pulse. It still dosen't say exactly how much it can hold.
fctarbox3
"Microsoft Word take up 30MB on your hard drive today"

Y'know, I've seen "Oh how naive we were" jokes every couple years for the past 20 years, and they're still funny.

OTOH, I love this guy's definition. It rocks.
snowRaven
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Insect Shamans' round up on spirit counts.

Otaku's round up too, just to be confusing.

proof.gif

There's the proof I've been looking for! Otaku are EVIL and in league with the Invae! Death to the Deep Resonance!!! DEATH to the Insect Spirits!!!
Herald of Verjigorm
Does that mean you side with the Dissonance?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012