IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are there inherently Resonant character race options?
TheMadderHatter
post Dec 28 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,649

So we have Infected, metasapients, free spirits, and probably at least one more character variant I can't recall that all come with an inherent Magic rating, so that none of them can become technomancers.

Are there any races/species for which the inverse is true, such that they are Resonant and cannot take qualities that grant Magic?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Dec 28 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I don't think so. AIs come the closest, since they can not be magical, but while they have a number of advantages, they do not have Resonance.

+Quote Post
Whipstitch
post Dec 28 2010, 07:08 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 10,386

Sprites are basically the same same song as AIs just with a different arrangement. Weirdly enough, in my Unwired PDF I noticed that the new Sprites had both a Response and a RES score (which was equal to their Rating in all cases), although I'm betting that was just a miscommunication of some sort given that it was never repeated when they updated the core Sprites when the SR4A book was released nor did they ever give Sprites anything to actually do with a Resonance score. Still, it would have made a certain amount of sense and fit in fairly well with prevailing trends if they had tied Resonance to a Sprite's Rating much in the same way that a Spirit's Magic is tied to its Force.

+Quote Post
Makki
post Dec 28 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

some critters in Running Wild have inherent RES. but they're not sapient.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:03 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.