IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> chinagreenelvis.com SR Gaming Tools, Character Sheets, Maps, Quick Reference, and More
chinagreenelvis
post Dec 29 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,253

http://shadowrun.chinagreenelvis.com/

Updates

2011.10.27 - Version 1.05 of the character sheet is up.

PDF Character Sheet To-Do List

• Change color of final hitboxes on damage tracks to denote they are for death-dealing blows
  • Add skill augmentation boxes
  • Add running program slots to commlink pages
  • Add actions page for calculation of common dice pools
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Dec 29 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Update, Character Sheet v.1.01 - Not sure how I missed this, but apparently I left out the Fading Resistance Attribute selection. Is now fixed.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Dec 30 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,696

I just downloaded the new version you posted, and the fading resistance attribute is not selectable, no drop down like in the magic section, or ability to enter anything in the field.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Dec 30 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Drat. Must have forgotten to actually upload the file. Check the version number, and try it again now. 1.01 is now online as far as I can tell. Thanks for letting me know.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Dec 30 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Well the drop down is there now, but Willpower isn't listed.

Everything I've looked at so far has worked, and this looks fantastic.

Now if we could only get the spreadsheets to populate it with data. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Put in a character with a 3 body, and it's showing a Physical Damage Track of 14 boxes.
It's showing 10 in Total Physical which is correct. I take it the extra 4 boxes are supposed to be overflow, but should only be 3 boxes of that.
A 4th box would be dead. Not sure if it was meant to be this way or an error, so thought I would mention it.
If the extra are for the overflow, would be nice if the overflow were a different colour background. Say red. Just as a way to easily
differentiate the two visually.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Jan 1 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Good catch on the box, for some reason I was treating it as drain resistance, with willpower as the main attribute.

As for the damage tracks, the last box on physical is indeed for death. I added it just so I could have a trigger that shows the dead status in the condition monitor box. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If you de-select "highlight existing fields" option in Reader or Acrobat, you'll see that the overflow boxes are yellow instead of white. You can reach it by clicking on the first icon in the left-side navigation bar. Otherwise, all fillable forms are a purple-shade, because Adobe sets them that way by default, because they are jerks.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Jan 1 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Update, Character Sheet v.1.0.2 - Fixed a problem with the Fading Resistance calculations, added willpower to the drop-down menu. Also refined the field calculation order for good measure.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Jan 1 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

I noticed that the notes on the sprites scrolls off the bottom in some cases, but there is no scroll bar. The notes being the ones generated based on the sprite type.
I've not tried printing this yet, so no clue what it looks like printed. I play with my lap top in front of me, so I haven't printed anything out yet.
it would be cool if some of those entry boxes could have scroll bars to allow for longer entries. Not sure if this is possible.

Is there a way to retrieve data entered from a previous version into a newer one?

Just noticed, while entering the character again, the default was that the character was unconscious. As soon as I put a single box of damage in, it said up and running.
Removed the box and it still said up and running, so probably something to do with the first change of stats.

The impact armour field on the second page is editable, but the ballistic one isn't. I'm thinking since the are calculated, that neither is supposed to be.
Thinking about it though, it would not take into account things like magical armour. Although that could be entered into the armour section, and selected to add in.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Jan 2 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

I noticed that the notes on the sprites scrolls off the bottom in some cases, but there is no scroll bar. The notes being the ones generated based on the sprite type.

Unfortunately, you have to actually click on the text box in order for the scrollbars to show, but they will if you do.

I've not tried printing this yet, so no clue what it looks like printed. I play with my lap top in front of me, so I haven't printed anything out yet.

This was really intended more for players who use laptops exclusively. It probably wouldn't be very paper-friendly...

Is there a way to retrieve data entered from a previous version into a newer one?

None that I know of, sorry! I've had to go through this several times with my own characters as I've updated the file.

Just noticed, while entering the character again, the default was that the character was unconscious. As soon as I put a single box of damage in, it said up and running. Removed the box and it still said up and running, so probably something to do with the first change of stats.

Thought I fixed this with the last update, but didn't. Should be taken care of now.

The impact armour field on the second page is editable, but the ballistic one isn't. I'm thinking since the are calculated, that neither is supposed to be.
Thinking about it though, it would not take into account things like magical armour. Although that could be entered into the armour section, and selected to add in.

Also fixed. Both fields should be read-only and auto-calculated, as should all shaded, non-white fields (except for spirits and sprites when "custom" is selected. I should probably fix this so that the field background colors change when they become editable.)

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Jan 2 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Update, Character Sheet v.1.03 - Bugfixes, see above post.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Jan 2 2011, 05:15 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Okay... Figured out what was going on. If you have the mouse cursor set to the text select it allows you to see the scroll bars, if it's the hand it doesn't.

After entering in Reaction and Intuition the Aug. column of initiative shows up as NaN, even though both attribute entries are correct.
The Aug. entry for initiative passes shows up as 0 instead of 1. If you change one of the attributes the Aug. entry for initiative stays NaN, but
the passes changes to 1. If you change the "+" entry for initiative it correctly displays the total in Aug.

It would be great to figure out a way to have the excel spreadsheets that are running around here populate this sheet. I like the spread sheets for figuring out
characters, but I'm really not fond of the sheets they give you. wonder if ole will allow for this... going to try experimenting.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Jan 2 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Good job on the bughunting. Not sure how I missed some of this stuff.

I had to do a little more rearranging of the field calculation order, but the problem with initiative calculation and the zero passes thing have been fixed. Also, I took away the read-only property for spirit and sprite powers so that the text can be selected (and thus scrolling enabled) by the hand tool.

As for the spreadsheets, I suppose it might be possible to write a macro for excel that would allow it to export values into a pdf if you know the names of the text fields you're trying to fill. Maybe someone out there knows. Good luck with that.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Jan 2 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Update, Character Sheet v.1.04

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Jan 14 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Having room for at least 6 sprites/spirits would be good. so an extra page for each would be cool.
Also having the programs section listed in a table, similar to the way the character sheet in the following post.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=10133

I really like the way it's laid out.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Jan 17 2011, 02:35 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 14 2011, 06:59 PM) *
Having room for at least 6 sprites/spirits would be good. so an extra page for each would be cool.
Also having the programs section listed in a table, similar to the way the character sheet in the following post.
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=10133

I really like the way it's laid out.

Thanks!

I was thinking of releasing the spirit, sprite, commlink and drone/vehicle pages individually to accommodate times in which an advanced player might need extras. I'm also sure the GM would find them useful. It doesn't seem like there are any major bugfixes left to take care of, so I might just go ahead and put those up soon.

As for the commlink programs, I think that was the one major revision that I had planned and forgot about. I was going to try to find a way to make a seperate slot for each program, and then a checkbox for when they're running, so it could auto-calculate the drag it puts on the commlink's system. Might take me a little while to get around to that, but it would certainly be better.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Jan 17 2011, 03:19 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Having a toggle for programs/complex forms dice pools that allows it to calculate either, Skill+Program, or Attribute+Skill (Max successes Program) would be cool as well.

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Jan 17 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #17

Shooting Target

Member No.: 16,558

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 16 2011, 07:19 PM) *
Having a toggle for programs/complex forms dice pools that allows it to calculate either, Skill+Program, or Attribute+Skill (Max successes Program) would be cool as well.

Seconded

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Jan 17 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Actually I just thought of something that would be extremely cool. Having a couple of sheets that listed all the actions and what their dice pools are.
This would be based on what's been checked off, ie what melee weapon, what ranged weapon, what armour, etc. As well as magic/matrix, etc.
It would be like the ultimate cheat sheet because it's specific to your character with the dice pools calculated for you.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Jan 29 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Found a bug in on the adept powers page. If you change your magic attribute it does not update properly. As soon as you put in an adept power cost though it updates to the right amount.

Also, I was thinking it would be nice if the skills page had a space to put modifiers similar to the modifiers that exist for attributes. Room for specializations would be good, but not as important as you can just put those in () on the skill name, but having a 5(7) would be nice.

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Feb 7 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Jan 29 2011, 09:44 PM) *
Found a bug in on the adept powers page. If you change your magic attribute it does not update properly. As soon as you put in an adept power cost though it updates to the right amount.

Also, I was thinking it would be nice if the skills page had a space to put modifiers similar to the modifiers that exist for attributes. Room for specializations would be good, but not as important as you can just put those in () on the skill name, but having a 5(7) would be nice.

Hrm. Gotta fix something in the calculation order, I guess. Thanks.

Skill modifiers? I was unaware that anything could temporarily modify a skill. Modifiers to attributes automatically calculate in the skill dicepools, and they also reflect modifiers from damage.

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Feb 8 2011, 06:37 AM
Post #21

Shooting Target

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Feb 7 2011, 01:08 PM) *
<snip>
Skill modifiers? I was unaware that anything could temporarily modify a skill. Modifiers to attributes automatically calculate in the skill dicepools, and they also reflect modifiers from damage.

Medkits come to mind

+Quote Post
Xenophon
post Feb 8 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 21,542

Hey chinagreenelvis,

Just wanted to say first of all that I absolutely love this character sheet (and the Seattle map on your webpage is awesome too).

I just wanted to mention that there is a little bug in your vehicle/drone condition monitor calculation.

In line 51 of Vehicle*_Body you have:
var vehicle*boxes = Math.ceil((+getField("Vehicle*_Pilot").value / 2) + 8);

it should be:
var vehicle*boxes = Math.ceil((+getField("Vehicle*_Body").value / 2) + 8);

Anyways, thanks for the work putting that together, it must have been a lot of work to make all those scripts.

-Xeno

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Feb 9 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (Xenophon @ Feb 8 2011, 10:30 PM) *
Hey chinagreenelvis,

Just wanted to say first of all that I absolutely love this character sheet (and the Seattle map on your webpage is awesome too).

I just wanted to mention that there is a little bug in your vehicle/drone condition monitor calculation.

In line 51 of Vehicle*_Body you have:
var vehicle*boxes = Math.ceil((+getField("Vehicle*_Pilot").value / 2) + (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ;

it should be:
var vehicle*boxes = Math.ceil((+getField("Vehicle*_Body").value / 2) + (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) ;

Anyways, thanks for the work putting that together, it must have been a lot of work to make all those scripts.

-Xeno

O snap. Good find. Thanks for letting me know!

+Quote Post
chinagreenelvis
post Feb 9 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Tyro @ Feb 8 2011, 06:37 AM) *
Medkits come to mind

Hmm. I'll have to read up on that again. Is there anything else that does it?

+Quote Post
Tyro
post Feb 9 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #25

Shooting Target

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Feb 9 2011, 07:01 AM) *
Hmm. I'll have to read up on that again. Is there anything else that does it?

Any tool that gives a circumstantial bonus is going to be a temporary modifier. Drugs affect attributes, which affect skill rolls; I haven't looked through the sheet, so I don't know if that's covered. As to affecting skills directly, autopickers actually replace your lockpick skill, smartlinks give a +2 DP bonus to firearms skills, vision enhancement in glasses/googles/contacts/helmets affect visual perception, audio enhancement in earbuds etc. affect aural perception, and I'm sure there's more.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:44 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.