Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Tradition, Help me with the drain
Kesendeja
post Jan 27 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,226

Making a new tradition for my mage, since she didn't quite fit in, and the GM liked the idea, but I'm stumped on what the second attribute for drain should be. Any comments or help is appreciated.

Lonneduir (Path of eternity)

Their core belief is that science strives to understand the body of creation, magic is the key to glimpsing into it's soul. Also the beliefs of each tradition offer up some small piece of the puzzle, and each is a strp towards enlightenment.

The enlightenment that they seek is the glimpse into creation's soul.

Combat : Beast
Detection : Guidance
Health : Plant
Illusion : Water
Manipulation: Task
Drain : Willpower + ??

A small tradition that seeks to uncover a pure magical system by distilling all others to their core belief and paradigm. It makes them highly eclectic, but with a focus on the spiritual nature of magic.

By nature, this system is a hodgepodge of styles and trappings drawn form it's numerous parents. Their Lodges can be elaborate systems of runes or vast hermetic libraries, or even the cave paintings of the aborigines.

They believe that the universe itself is a sentient being and that all spirits, including the astral forms of metahumanity are parts of this greater whole.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Jan 27 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Deus Absconditus

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,566

It sounds a bit like Intuition is the key attribute there, then. If it basically doesn't matter what form your libraries take because you're culling the fat, it seems a bit like a 'whatever works' kind of tradition.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Jan 27 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 19,113

I would agree with Adarael.

It fits well as you will want lots of assensing and perception with a description like that. The other choice is Logic, but that doesn't seem to fit with the search for enlightenment.

+Quote Post
Lansdren
post Jan 28 2011, 09:28 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,848

Intuition sounds about right to me. Does sound abit Chaos mage but more shamanic to their hemetic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:50 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.