Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Outer space in the Shadowrun milieu, Looking for more info on it
McHue
post Mar 21 2004, 02:53 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,178

In one of the sourcebooks (I've forgotten which one at this moment), there was some scant information given about outer space in the Shadowrun universe (no pun intended). As I recall, the information cautioned mages against astrally perceiving while travelling aboard sub-orbitals and/or semiballistics. (Something about going insane.) There was also an in-world account of an astrally projecting mage who tried to travel into outer space, but found himself unable to get very far because of *something* out there. In looking through the more recent product descriptions, I saw that "Wake of the Comet" has an adventure that apparently has to do with shadowrunners being sent into outer space. My question is this: has the issue of outer space been expanded upon since the small amount of info. given in the earlier sourcebook? I'd like to know more about it and if any books discuss it. TIA.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Mar 21 2004, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Yes, it has. There is even an entire chapter dedicated to it in Target: Wastelands.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 21 2004, 02:56 AM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

It's fairly well gone over in MitS and T:W. Basically, magic is screwed up and/or absent in space, and so it's a bad idea to try to do anything with it there.

~J

Edit: A hair too slow.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 21 2004, 02:59 AM
Post #4

Manus Celer Dei

For more thoughts on the topic, go here and here.

~J

+Quote Post
McHue
post Mar 21 2004, 03:05 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 6,178

Thank you all. Man, you guys are quick! :)

+Quote Post
Glav
post Mar 21 2004, 08:44 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 2,411

Well, what else do dumpshockers have to do but besides sitting around, waiting to answer posts? ;) :D

+Quote Post
Nath
post Mar 21 2004, 01:07 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Glav @ Mar 21 2004, 09:44 AM)
Well, what else do dumpshockers have to do but besides sitting around, waiting to answer posts? ;) :D

Sitting around, waiting for SR next release?

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Mar 21 2004, 04:12 PM
Post #8

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

well personaly im waiting for the realease of shaodws of europe but i guess that getting myself a new version of the matrix sourcebook (the one i have is in a realy bad shape, it started to fall appart the minute i got it and have never stopped) and maybe target:wastelands, target:awakend lands, year of the comet (maybe allso wake of the comet. what book have the most info on shedim and surge?) and that sprawl survival guide. grr, that list is growing by the min :(

+Quote Post
ShadowPhoenix
post Mar 22 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,568

Shadowrun Booklet Quicktip: never trust the binding, as the binding of all SR material will be as faulty as scotch tape in regular use. My preferred method for dealing with this absurdity and printing quality is to take my books to kinkos, get them hacked and spiraled(bindings chopped, covers lamenated, and plastic spiral bound) which has made my core, matrix, and man and machine impervious to wear since :)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Mar 22 2004, 12:36 AM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

not a bad idea. now, if only i can find a kinko's in south korea that speaks engrish...

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Mar 22 2004, 04:43 AM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

Whereas I've had a fair collection of books for quite a while now, and while the cover of SR3 is mostly torn off, I've yet to see a loose page.

~J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:43 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.