Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer space in the Shadowrun milieu
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
McHue
In one of the sourcebooks (I've forgotten which one at this moment), there was some scant information given about outer space in the Shadowrun universe (no pun intended). As I recall, the information cautioned mages against astrally perceiving while travelling aboard sub-orbitals and/or semiballistics. (Something about going insane.) There was also an in-world account of an astrally projecting mage who tried to travel into outer space, but found himself unable to get very far because of *something* out there. In looking through the more recent product descriptions, I saw that "Wake of the Comet" has an adventure that apparently has to do with shadowrunners being sent into outer space. My question is this: has the issue of outer space been expanded upon since the small amount of info. given in the earlier sourcebook? I'd like to know more about it and if any books discuss it. TIA.
Ancient History
Yes, it has. There is even an entire chapter dedicated to it in Target: Wastelands.
Kagetenshi
It's fairly well gone over in MitS and T:W. Basically, magic is screwed up and/or absent in space, and so it's a bad idea to try to do anything with it there.

~J

Edit: A hair too slow.
Kagetenshi
For more thoughts on the topic, go here and here.

~J
McHue
Thank you all. Man, you guys are quick! smile.gif
Glav
Well, what else do dumpshockers have to do but besides sitting around, waiting to answer posts? wink.gif biggrin.gif
Nath
QUOTE (Glav @ Mar 21 2004, 09:44 AM)
Well, what else do dumpshockers have to do but besides sitting around, waiting to answer posts? wink.gif biggrin.gif

Sitting around, waiting for SR next release?
hobgoblin
well personaly im waiting for the realease of shaodws of europe but i guess that getting myself a new version of the matrix sourcebook (the one i have is in a realy bad shape, it started to fall appart the minute i got it and have never stopped) and maybe target:wastelands, target:awakend lands, year of the comet (maybe allso wake of the comet. what book have the most info on shedim and surge?) and that sprawl survival guide. grr, that list is growing by the min frown.gif
ShadowPhoenix
Shadowrun Booklet Quicktip: never trust the binding, as the binding of all SR material will be as faulty as scotch tape in regular use. My preferred method for dealing with this absurdity and printing quality is to take my books to kinkos, get them hacked and spiraled(bindings chopped, covers lamenated, and plastic spiral bound) which has made my core, matrix, and man and machine impervious to wear since smile.gif
mfb
not a bad idea. now, if only i can find a kinko's in south korea that speaks engrish...
Kagetenshi
Whereas I've had a fair collection of books for quite a while now, and while the cover of SR3 is mostly torn off, I've yet to see a loose page.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012