IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OOC: Oriental Opportunities, Applications always welcome!
Edana
post Mar 7 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,479

UNTIMELY DEATHS: 0

Posting Requirements
Pretty simple here, if a full 7 days elapse from your second to last IC post, your character may die!. If you manage to get a post in before getting killed off, you'll be safely back on the clock. If you know you're going to be gone for an extended period, and give sufficient warning, you can be written out in a less fatal way to allow your character to potentially rejoin later.

The same applies to the GM, if there isn't a GM post in 7 days, anyone can feel free to take over.

Character Generation
Please use this thread for character creation. Full rules in the first post. (Quick summary: 650 karma, 1*BP race cost, standard races only, 50% bonus on contacts.)

House Rules
  • Watcher spirits don't suck at watching/searching: Treat watchers as Force = Summoner's Magic when using Perception, Assensing and the Search power. (This essentially means watchers roll 2*Magic for those cases.)
  • No emotitoys or emotion software.
  • 20 Dice Pool cap.
  • SIN checks aren't opposed tests. SINs are checked with a System + Verification Software (SIN rating) test. This may be an extended test with an interval determined by the scanner in use. (System + Verification Software simplifies to 2*Scanner Rating for basic scanners.)

Miscellany
  • Setting is Hong Kong.
  • Use Invisible Castle for rolls. Please include "Oriental Opportunities" as the campaign name for easy searching (case sensitive).
  • Keep rolls in OOC.

Current PC List
<Date of expected death, as of 04/20/11>
  1. <4/22> Thanee: Ting-Ting - Female Human - Adept (Martial Arts)
  2. <4/24> phlapjack77: Dante - Male Human - Street Sam with some drone support
  3. <4/21> Seth: Dr. Yang - Male Ork - Mystic Adept/Medic
  4. <4/18> Kim: Hope - Male Human - Adept (Martial Arts)
  5. <4/22> sabs: Fractal - Male Human - Hacker/Face
  6. <4/17> Mickle5125: Max - Male Dwarf - Wuxing Mage

Reserve List
  1. marcgarc
  2. Belvidere

Current GM
<4/26> Edana
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edana
post Mar 7 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Posting Guidelines
  • Time and location stamp in Orange and bold
  • PAN mode in grey under time stamp
  • "Speech color=cyan, enclosed in quotes"
  • <Coms (vocal) color=violet or purple>
  • <Coms (Text) color=yellow>
  • Thoughts color=darkkhaki and in italics
  • Memories, flashbacks, dreams color=lightgrey and in italics
  • Spirits and Astral communication color=brown

Please use 3rd person writing styles. (Should read like a story)

+Quote Post
Edana
post Mar 7 2011, 04:47 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Reserved.

+Quote Post
Kim
post Mar 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,169

Hope

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 7 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

Milo Green "Fractal"
Human Hacker/Face
Australian Living in Seattle
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Mar 7 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 14,433

Max

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 7 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #7

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Ting-Ting

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 7 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 19,113

Dr Yang
[ Spoiler ]

Here is a compact format:
[ Spoiler ]

Here is a spreadsheet version with double entry karma and cash management

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Mar 8 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 18,611

Dante

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Edana
post Mar 8 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Feel free to advance IC time up until the 6:00 PM meeting. It's not in a restricted area, so unless you're planning on going somewhere else during the day there won't be any SIN checks to worry about. (And even then it'll likely not be an issue.)

Also to answer an observation from the creation thread, yes the 19th is Chinese New Years in 2072, so we're starting on the day prior to that. The date is intentional, and will at least be mentioned IC at the meet. (Plus the references to New Years in some of the character messages.)

You've basically got the majority of the day in case anyone has anything they'd like to take care of prior to the meet, and once everyone posts to the effect of heading to the teahouse, I'll move on to that scene.

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Mar 8 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #11

Runner

Dante will read his mail more carefully, after scrubbing the sleep from his eyes. Is the message from his fixer, Jiu Jiu?

+Quote Post
Edana
post Mar 8 2011, 05:16 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

You're assuming Jones is going to let you have the original (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . But, yes, it's from Jiu Jiu, and the content is functionally the same as the others.

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Mar 8 2011, 05:25 AM
Post #13

Runner

QUOTE (Edana @ Mar 8 2011, 01:16 PM) *
You're assuming Jones is going to let you have the original (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . But, yes, it's from Jiu Jiu, and the content is functionally the same as the others.

Ah, if only I hadn't routed my personal PAN through the home network ! It adds a really good layer of security, but I guess it has downsides (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

thanks for the info, I'll get an IC post up.

ps. I think 2072 will be the year of the dragon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 8 2011, 06:19 AM
Post #14

jacked in

Yep. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Mar 8 2011, 06:24 AM
Post #15

Runner

QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 8 2011, 02:19 PM) *

Doh! I just saw that you already have that in your IC post. Dang!

Well...uhm...I think it's going to be the year of the Water dragon, whatever that means (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 8 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

spend a few hours trying to convince Monkey that pranking while working might not be the best of ideas

I knew there was a reason I didn't want Sun Wukong as my mentor: way too hard work!

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Mar 8 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #17

Shooting Target

*grins*

+Quote Post
Mickle5125
post Mar 8 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

double post ftl

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 10 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #19

jacked in

What do I know about the Golden Apple Teahouse? i.e. what kind of area is it in, how do you dress when going there, etc?

Intuition + Hong Kong Area Knowledge 5 hits

And as stated in the IC, I would like to acquire a second Fake SIN (Rating 6, no need to only go half-way here).

Rating 6 means AV 18 with an Availability Interval of 2 days, so it will take a while to get that, but you must start somewhere. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Or can you start somewhere, say Rating 3, and then upgrade it step-by-step? This would make it useable at an earlier time already.

I will also look into upgrading my current Fake SIN to Rating 6 most likely.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Seth
post Mar 10 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

What do I know about the Golden Apple Teahouse? i.e. what kind of area is it in, how do you dress when going there, etc?

Good question. I'll take 1 hit on it using the 4:1 rule.

I'm planning on looking like "smart but old fashioned doctor" look, using my Fashion spell force 4 wtih 4 successes the drain (of 2) is resisted by the 4:1 die rule.

+Quote Post
Edana
post Mar 10 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (Thanee @ Mar 10 2011, 04:22 AM) *

Intuition + Hong Kong Area Knowledge 5 hits

And as stated in the IC, I would like to acquire a second Fake SIN (Rating 6, no need to only go half-way here).

Rating 6 means AV 18 with an Availability Interval of 2 days, so it will take a while to get that, but you must start somewhere. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Or can you start somewhere, say Rating 3, and then upgrade it step-by-step? This would make it useable at an earlier time already.

I will also look into upgrading my current Fake SIN to Rating 6 most likely.

Bye
Thanee

Impressive success rate there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . You've actually heard of the place, and recognize it as a mostly invite-only place. Enough money can get you in even without a reservation though. So it's not the most exclusive teahouse around, but it's up on the list. It's located on the harbor, just outside the touristy area that is the Golden Mile, but the exterior decor doesn't really attract random foreigners.

Since it's generally an invite only establishment, dress is anything goes, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone there that was below 'business casual'. By the same token though, you're unlikely to find people completely dressed to the nines either. Styles will lean toward the traditional.

As far as the SIN, I don't think you can upgrade by the rules. I'll mull that over as a possibility, and see if I can find any rules either way, but for now it's probably best to just assume it's all or nothing.

QUOTE (Seth @ Mar 10 2011, 04:59 AM) *
Good question. I'll take 1 hit on it using the 4:1 rule.

I'm planning on looking like "smart but old fashioned doctor" look, using my Fashion spell force 4 wtih 4 successes the drain (of 2) is resisted by the 4:1 die rule.

1 hit isn't enough to have heard of it specifically. There are a lot of teahouses around, but given this one's location you're safe betting that something above basic street clothes would be preferred attire. (Getting the location is trivial, anything past that will require knowledge and/or data search rolls for anyone else interested.)

---
I'll be putting up an IC post moving things along to the teahouse itself in the next hour or two, depending on my workload.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 10 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #22

jacked in

QUOTE (Edana @ Mar 10 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Impressive success rate there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) .

Heh. Yeah, not bad for my first roll with that char. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

As far as the SIN, I don't think you can upgrade by the rules. I'll mull that over as a possibility, and see if I can find any rules either way, but for now it's probably best to just assume it's all or nothing.

Ok, but even if you decide that you cannot upgrade... you can replace it with a higher Fake SIN using the same credentials?

So that it's just a matter of price then...

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Edana
post Mar 10 2011, 07:16 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Ok, but even if you decide that you cannot upgrade... you can replace it with a higher Fake SIN using the same credentials?

So that it's just a matter of price then...

Yeah, I'd certainly buy that. Honestly, I'm inclined to say that upgrades are OK for the difference in price, but you have to use the availability and interval of the full new rating to get it. (R4->R6 is 2,000 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) , but availability is 18 and interval is still 2 days.)

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Mar 10 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #24

jacked in

I'm definitely with you there about the Availability being for the full "target Rating". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

It's not really that important now, as it takes some days, either way, just wanted to let you know that I am starting to look for one.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
sabs
post Mar 10 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #25

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

Milo is going to be searching for information about the Tea House.

Computer+Datasearch 11d6: 5 1 6 2 6 5 1 6 1 6 5 (7) hits. Wow .. nice roll.

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:01 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.