Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Temporarily stealing an agent
James McMurray
post May 1 2011, 02:54 AM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,957

I thought I'd seen a sprite power or echo somewhere (maybe in a previous edition) that can temporarily wrest control of a program from someone else, but I can't for the life of me find it now. Was I imagining it? If so, is there a way to do this under the current hacking/technomancer rules?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mesh
post May 1 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,443

That's a great question. I see no reason why you couldn't spoof commands to an agent.

Mesh

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post May 1 2011, 03:08 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

More than spoofing commands though. I mean taking complete control of it temporarily, so the owner can't even unload it. Kinda like if a sprite possessed an agent.

I'm not above having this particular technomancer know a unique advanced threading technique if necessary, but I'd rather it be something that already exists if possible.

+Quote Post
Mesh
post May 1 2011, 03:17 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,443

If an agent is running off the node you're in, maybe. If the agent is running in someone's commlink? No way unless you have hacked their commlink and taken control of it. That's all about the agent's source.

Mesh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.