Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temporarily stealing an agent
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
I thought I'd seen a sprite power or echo somewhere (maybe in a previous edition) that can temporarily wrest control of a program from someone else, but I can't for the life of me find it now. Was I imagining it? If so, is there a way to do this under the current hacking/technomancer rules?

Thanks!
Mesh
That's a great question. I see no reason why you couldn't spoof commands to an agent.

Mesh
James McMurray
More than spoofing commands though. I mean taking complete control of it temporarily, so the owner can't even unload it. Kinda like if a sprite possessed an agent.

I'm not above having this particular technomancer know a unique advanced threading technique if necessary, but I'd rather it be something that already exists if possible.
Mesh
If an agent is running off the node you're in, maybe. If the agent is running in someone's commlink? No way unless you have hacked their commlink and taken control of it. That's all about the agent's source.

Mesh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012