Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Spells, Increase Reaction and Time Stop
theartthief
post Mar 25 2004, 06:08 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,111

Ok, before I get started, I don't own MITS or any other magic type book so I don't have the advantage of a spell creation system at my figertips...

I don't like the ease at which the existing "Increase Reaction" spell can go off. Granted + 3 D drain is nothing to laugh at but there again at Force 1 it isn't that hard to resist. Ok, here is my proposed fix:

Increased Reaction (Part II)
Type: M Target: Reaction Duration: S Drain: +1(S)

The target receives +1D6 Initiative die for the total number of successes - up to a maximum of six or the spell's force, whichever is less - divided by two, round down.

I'm not sure that I worded that correctly, but I can't think of any othe way to do it.

Time Stop (working title)
Type: P Target: Q Duration: I Drain: +1(D)

Threshold equals half of target's quickness round down. If successful the traget can not move for one Combat Turn. For each two successes above the threshold the target can not move for one additional Combat Turn. Can not have more successes than the force of the spell. The target may make a Willpower (Force) test at at the beginning of each Combat Turn and the first time the spell is cast. If the caster is present, s/he may counter with Willpower in an oposed test. Ties go to the caster. One net sucess for the target and the spell disolves.

Anyway, please let me know what you think.

- theartthief
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 25 2004, 06:11 AM
Post #2

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

I think you really need MitS... bad. The second spell is called Bind, IIRC.

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Mar 25 2004, 02:25 PM
Post #3

Man In The Machine

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,105

Uhh yeah, generally reaction increase isnt a resisted spell... go get MitS.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.