Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
theartthief
Ok, before I get started, I don't own MITS or any other magic type book so I don't have the advantage of a spell creation system at my figertips...

I don't like the ease at which the existing "Increase Reaction" spell can go off. Granted + 3 D drain is nothing to laugh at but there again at Force 1 it isn't that hard to resist. Ok, here is my proposed fix:

Increased Reaction (Part II)
Type: M Target: Reaction Duration: S Drain: +1(S)

The target receives +1D6 Initiative die for the total number of successes - up to a maximum of six or the spell's force, whichever is less - divided by two, round down.

I'm not sure that I worded that correctly, but I can't think of any othe way to do it.

Time Stop (working title)
Type: P Target: Q Duration: I Drain: +1(D)

Threshold equals half of target's quickness round down. If successful the traget can not move for one Combat Turn. For each two successes above the threshold the target can not move for one additional Combat Turn. Can not have more successes than the force of the spell. The target may make a Willpower (Force) test at at the beginning of each Combat Turn and the first time the spell is cast. If the caster is present, s/he may counter with Willpower in an oposed test. Ties go to the caster. One net sucess for the target and the spell disolves.

Anyway, please let me know what you think.

- theartthief
Kanada Ten
I think you really need MitS... bad. The second spell is called Bind, IIRC.
Lindt
Uhh yeah, generally reaction increase isnt a resisted spell... go get MitS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012