IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emerging: End of Days OoC & Recruitment, Will you face the Apocalypse? (Recruitment always open!)
Aria
post May 31 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

Inspired by Eclipse Phase/Cuthulu Tech and Earthdawn this game follows on from the events in my game Emerging Conflict (although no knowledge of that thread is needed to play in this one). That thread will continue on during this recruitment period and I hope that the players from that will move on to this one as I’d like to keep IC more or less continuous.

I am looking for players to go to the remains of the Stillwater Community on the borders of Redmond. The year is 2072-73 but once there you will be entering into a UV node simulator that will take you to the edges of the future – and a dark dark place it is! The node will plunge you into a Realer than Real apocalyptic setting where you will need to fight to survive – to aid you in this you will have access to milspec gear and SOTA (circa 2070) technologies. Unlike RAW the node is capable of representing real life to a surprising level and even magic and the astral have been successfully modelled. What’s more the tech exists so that no matter who you are going in (from hardened shadowrunner to corp secretary) you can become more or less anyone inside the node...(This is a derivation of the simsense skillsofts except they can be higher than 4 and can also replicate magical skills – although they only work inside the node.) The game world encompasses the greater Seattle Metroplex area and parts of the surrounding countryside, circa 2105.

Mission Briefing
[ Spoiler ]

House Rules & Character Gen
[ Spoiler ]

Any questions or comments please let me know!

This post has been edited by Aria: Jul 21 2011, 02:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aria
post May 31 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Dragon

Current PCs
Captain Roberts
DW Captain
<<Roberts>>

Corporal "Sticks"
DW Rigger/Mecha Pilot
<<Sticks>>

Joey "Racoon"
Street Sam/Wilderness Expert
<<Racoon>>

Rina Yoshida
Sniper
<<Wolf Cub>>

Gash
Magical Support
<<Gash>>

Jax
Mecha Pilot
<<Jax>>

Tris
Mad Mage
<<Tris>>

Priscilla
Troll Combat Monster
<<Priscilla>>

Key Mission NPCs
Kit
TM & C&C Mecha Pilot

This post has been edited by Aria: Oct 13 2011, 08:06 AM

+Quote Post
Seth
post May 31 2011, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,113

Me me...count me in!

+Quote Post
sabs
post May 31 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 18,649

This Space Reserved for the Most Awesome Sticks (if he survives), otherwise, some other guy.

Name: Steve Gallaway "Sticks"
Race: Human
Concept: Combat Driver/Rigger
Total Karma: 52
Karma Spent: 52
Total Cash: 130000
Cash Spent: 130000
Body 2
Agility 2
Reaction 2
Strength 2
Charisma 3
Intuition 5
Logic 5
Willpower 5
Edge 4

Hacking 4 (drones)
Cybercombat 3
Electronic Warfare 4 (jamming)
Computer 3
Leadership (infantry) 3
Etiquette 2
Gunnery 4 (mecha)
Hardware 2
Infiltration 3
Shadowing 3
Perception 2
Pilot Aircraft 4
Pilot Anthroform (Mecha) 4
Pilot Groundcraft 4
Navigation 4

Languages:
English: N
Sperethiel: 3

Knowledge Skills:
Military: 3
Smugglers: 3
Deep Watch Procedures: 4
Vehicle Modifications: 3
Matrix Games: 2
UCAS Politics: 1
UCAS Patrol Procedures: 2
Blood Sports: 2
Vehicles: 3
Matrix trids: 2
Tatooing: 2
Area Knowledge (Still Water): 1

Qualities:
Biocompatability: Cyberware
Asthma
Virtual Personality (1)
Parapalegic - legs
SINner (Standard)

IP: 1/5 7/17

Contacts: Need to flesh these out
HuggyBear 2/3: HuggyBear is a hacker,rigger, gaming friend of Sticks. They're in the same gaming guild and have been through more than a few hair raising adventures together. Additionally, Sticks has done insertion and extraction ops for Huggy's Shadowrun team a few times. Strictly while off duty, of course.

Gunnery Sergeant Robert "Blackie" Mallone 2/3: Blackie is the NCO in charge of the Motor Pool. A mechanic with a flair for the 'special' modifications that every vehicle jockey just loves. Sticks and he are always trying out new fine tunings, and little surprises that could one day save the lives of the rigger and his unit.

Nurse Hatchett: 3/2. A NCO Nurse within the Deep Watch Infrastructure. She's known 'sticks' ever since he was recruited a few years ago. They have a very solid patient/nurse relationship that's edged into something more a few times. Sticks has even taken her out on a couple of Matrix Dates.

Cyberware:
Attention Co-Processor 3 used-std
Datajack
Control Rig (used-std)
Orientation Syatem
Simsense Booster (sed-std)
Sleep Regulator
Nanohive R4 (Used-std)
Nano-Biomonitor (used-std)
Bioware:
Cerebral Booster 2
PuSHeD

Nanites:
Control Rig Booster R3
Learning Stimulus R2
O-Cells R2
Recall Amplifiers 2
Nano-Tatoos (with the Deep Watch SiNN and Tags)

Commlink:
Hermes Ikon Upgraded to 6/6, Customized Interface, Biometrick Lock, Hardening 6, Optimization (Command), SimSense Accelerator, Reaction Enhancer (R6)
Software:
System 6
Firewall 6
Armor 4
Attack 4
Biofeedback Filter 5 (Ergonomic)
Sniffer 5
ECCM 6
Analyze 5 (Ergonomic)
Browse 5
Command 6 (Ergonomic)
Edit 5
Encrypt 5 (Ergonomic)
Reality Filter 6
Scan 5

4m Tall Heavy Mecha [H 3, Ac 6/11, Sp 30, P 4, B 8, A 16, S 6] Cost 59,000 Free Overmod Slots 2
Walker, 2x Full Mechanical Arm, Rigger Adaption & Cocoon, Life Support [1], Response [5], Signal [5], Weapon Mount [External, Flexible, Remote]
+1 Nano Maintenance system R3 (22.5K)
+1 enhanced cocoon (4K)
+4 str both arms: (6k)
Hydraulic Jacks R6 (12k)
Arm Gyromount (6K)
Minigun w/ ammo bin /w APDS rounds /w underbarrel grenade launcher High explosive (10P)
Quad Missile system: 4 reload.

Integrated Nexus:
Sticks Pimped Nexus
Response: 8
Signal: 6
System: 8
Firewall: 9

Processor Limit: 15
Persona Limit: 5
Mods:
Simsense Accelerator
Reaction enhancer (R6)
Hardening 6
Armored Case 6
Customized Interface
Exploit 8 w/ Mute
Defuse 6
Decrypt 5
Stealth 8
Command 8
*Faraman: Agent/Pilot R8 /w Personamod, crash guard, Homeground(6), Profession(Mercenary) (5)

*Faraman kind borders the AI/Agent model. He's been with Sticks since Sticks was a private, and Sticks gets him modifications, and upgrades everychance he gets.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post May 31 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

Reporting Cptn Robert's sheet here: Will post differences soon. (Or a whole new character if Roberts is killed before the current IC ends):

Captain Jon Roberts

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

Concept: Ex-Military Captain, now Deep Watch mercenary
[400/400]
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post May 31 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 19,241

Just to complete a full complement of consistent players, I'll take this slot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 2 2011, 08:11 AM
Post #7

Dragon

Excellent, that's 4 existing players...anyone else out there want a stab at blowing up really nasty stuff with big guns / magic etc? It'll make Bug City look pale in comparison!

+Quote Post
PoliteMan
post Jun 2 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,889

Cool, I'm in.

+Quote Post
PoliteMan
post Jun 3 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Guess I'll start off

Joey "Racoon"
Orc Street Sam/Wilderness Expert

Stats (Stats Adjusted for ware) 240 BP
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities: -25 BP
[ Spoiler ]

Core Stats: 145 BP (still trying to figure out the rest)
[ Spoiler ]

Skills (Dice Pool): 148 BP+20 Karma
[ Spoiler ]

Weapons/Armor/Gear (I use Roman Numerals for Rating) 47 BP
[ Spoiler ]

Ware (3.2 cyber + 2.0 bio)
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Knowledge Skills/Languages
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jun 3 2011, 09:47 AM
Post #10

Running Target

I like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Aria, do you want us all to re-post our characters, barring any unfortunate death incidents between now and End of Days?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 3 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #11

Dragon

QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jun 3 2011, 10:47 AM) *
I like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Aria, do you want us all to re-post our characters, barring any unfortunate death incidents between now and End of Days?

Yes, for those of you who want to continue your existing characters (and it's entirely up to you!) then please edit your first post to include the info (saves hunting through the thread later (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) )

@ PoliteMan: I like the look of him too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) although it does leave me with the potentially complicated issue of what happens to AIPs when you are inside a UV node! I've been sort of working on the assumption that the node reads your expectations of what will happen so in this case you would feel the full effects when near a wifi device (the group will be full of them!!!). Alternatively I could rule that it's a physical effect and you could get rid of it in node?!?

+Quote Post
PoliteMan
post Jun 3 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 3 2011, 10:34 PM) *
Yes, for those of you who want to continue your existing characters (and it's entirely up to you!) then please edit your first post to include the info (saves hunting through the thread later (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) )

@ PoliteMan: I like the look of him too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) although it does leave me with the potentially complicated issue of what happens to AIPs when you are inside a UV node! I've been sort of working on the assumption that the node reads your expectations of what will happen so in this case you would feel the full effects when near a wifi device (the group will be full of them!!!). Alternatively I could rule that it's a physical effect and you could get rid of it in node?!?

Hmm, the guy still has plenty of computer gear, it's just all wired. I don't think he'll have any problems with the node itself, since I'm assuming he'll be hardwired in. There's basically two issues regarding AIPS:
#1 Communication with the team. He'll probably enable the wireless functionality for brief periods to report but regular communication will be an issue and that's intentional.
#2 Teammates. Around wifi devices he suffers certain penalties and he'll have trouble focusing but it's mostly roleplaying. I kinda of imagine AIPS as a limited form of technomancy: your hear the signals but they just sound like white noise. It will mean he'll have a tendency to go off on his own, see #1 and that's also intentional, since this guy is more of a forward scout type.
I'll look into some wireless inhibiting stuff from Unwired though and see if I can scrounge up the nuyen for some.

Edit:
Yup, either a can of wireless reducing paint or a faraday cage are only about 200 nuyen.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 3 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #13

Dragon

Just be aware that when you turn up at Stillwater in the beginning you are entering wifi central (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Quite happy for it to be a roleplaying rather than rules thing

+Quote Post
sabs
post Jun 3 2011, 03:09 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

I think occasionally in game, you should roll an edge roll. TN = BP cost of AIPS/5
If he makes it, nothing bad happens, if he fails it, the intense signal buzzing around his real body causes interference with the UV. Weird things happen, he gets lagged out (-1 reaction, or maybe all his action intervals go up by 1.. so a free action becomes a standard action, standard complex, complex, full turn.)

Have it last 3 rounds - net hits?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 3 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #15

Dragon

You're a bad man Sabs...but I like it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Will have a think...

+Quote Post
PoliteMan
post Jun 3 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (sabs @ Jun 3 2011, 11:09 PM) *
I think occasionally in game, you should roll an edge roll. TN = BP cost of AIPS/5
If he makes it, nothing bad happens, if he fails it, the intense signal buzzing around his real body causes interference with the UV. Weird things happen, he gets lagged out (-1 reaction, or maybe all his action intervals go up by 1.. so a free action becomes a standard action, standard complex, complex, full turn.)

Have it last 3 rounds - net hits?

Yeah, kinda forgot about all that wireless in the downtown. Still, it's a pretty cool idea. I'm up for it. Might wanna alter the TN or include another dice pool like Will, no way I'm making TN 3 with 3 edge.

+Quote Post
sabs
post Jun 3 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #17

Prime Runner

It's the GM in me.. even when I play.

+Quote Post
Seth
post Jun 4 2011, 06:57 AM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 19,113

I'm travelling a lot of moment. Will sort out character next week when I get back

Looking forward to it

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 6 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #19

Dragon

While you are sorting through characters and finishing off the previous thread can you also spare a thought for how you will get to Fox Island so I begin some prep for that?

Another map coming up soon...

+Quote Post
PoliteMan
post Jun 6 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Hmm, figure the roads watched and if it is, was, a sat launch facility they're probably really good at detecting anything airborne. Looks like it's swimming time.

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Jun 7 2011, 06:38 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 313

If there's still room, I'm interested. How about an Ork gang enforcer looking to add this to his brag sheet as he makes the transition from gang member to runner?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 7 2011, 07:04 AM
Post #22

Dragon

QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jun 7 2011, 07:38 AM) *
If there's still room, I'm interested. How about an Ork gang enforcer looking to add this to his brag sheet as he makes the transition from gang member to runner?

Sounds good to me...the milspec stuff might be a shock but you'll have seen it on the trid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hope to start this ic thread in 2-3 weeks as I round up the one we are on.

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jun 13 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Just shunting this back up towards the top. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 13 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #24

Dragon

Link here to the start of the google maps for this game (work in progress!):

http://goo.gl/maps/3Xb0

(Will try and make this a proper link later if I can get it to work...)

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jun 16 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #25

Dragon

The map, now updated slightly to include more target info is based on a watery insertion. The proposed route is about 60 miles but it is anyone's guess how long that will take in post apocalyptic Seattle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

+Quote Post

23 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:08 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.