Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skinlink, How does it work?
Bearclaw
post Jun 3 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,304

OK, I know. Everyone knows, but I'm not sure. Tell me if this is right.
Each device, including cyberware needs the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) 50 skinlink attachment to work. Then, the wireless on each of these components (Smartlinked guns, mage goggles, stress reducing massaging pants, etc) can be turned off, but they'll still be fully integrated into the PAN.
Right? It seems too easy, so I'm asking. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghost_in_the_Sys...
post Jun 3 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 29,932

Yep, that basically sums it up.

Edit: You can think of it like the wireless card for a desktop. It isn't standard, but you can get it if you want it, and then don't have to use the plugged in wire any more. For this, you buy the 'skinlink card' for your devices, and then don't have to use the wireless any more.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jun 3 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

And the Only pieces of 'Ware that need the Skinling modules are those that you want to use to communicate with devices outside of the body. An Internal COmlink, Datajack or Cybereye Suite would likely be all that is needed, as all the other "ware in your body is hardwired into your body through DNI. No need for it there. I personally go with the Datajack, myself.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:47 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.