> Shadowrun Dice Simulator and Generator, Java programming efforts in progress
Rianmal
post Jun 19 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,722

Hi folks,

I wanted to share with you news of progress on a new Java Shadowrun Dice Simulator and Generator. It simulates dice casts, analyses them and derives outcomes suited to each type of test - Opposed, Extended, and Success.

I'd estimate it's about 65% done. Success testing is working, Opposed Testing is working - subject to finalising the Opposed Test outcome dialog - and Extended testing should work as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here are a couple of screenshots for a taste of what is to come within the next three months or so!

I suppose it's been done before but it's a lot of fun to program using object oriented principles!

Cheers,

Rianmal
Opposed Test Input Screenie
Success Test Output Screenie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
McDougle
post Jun 19 2011, 02:23 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,893

This is looking great so far. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

But u do have to write in all data every time you roll the dice, right(like when u roll for a character with agility 4 and afterwards for a character with agility 6)?

+Quote Post
Rianmal
post Jun 21 2011, 08:00 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,722

Heya, thanks for the support. Yes, users are empowered to put in the parameters they wish to influence the test each time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

+Quote Post
Finkswitch
post Jun 26 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 17,204

I wrote a simple windows program to do SR dice, among others for one of my friends. If there's intrest, I can host it somewhere for people to use. It's a simple EXE, no install required.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.