IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Twist Fate, It's nice to know the standard practice.
longbowrocks
post Aug 6 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,230

So, all the uses of twist fate for Great Dragons require an action, and one of the offensive ones requires a simple action. Do you guys allow these as interrupts that detract from what a dragon can do on his next initiative pass (like full defense as interrupt)? Any other interpretation seems like it would be pretty useless. They should really say these things in the manuals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Aug 6 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 21,972

I just asuume they're holding it as a readied action.

+Quote Post
longbowrocks
post Aug 6 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 24,230

QUOTE (ggodo @ Aug 6 2011, 08:54 AM) *
I just asuume they're holding it as a readied action.

Lol, good assumption, but what about against a rigger who has more initiative than them?
I don't intend to get that much by the way. 19 is plenty for me. Well, I guess it's 21 when I'm on the tacnet, but whatevs.

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Aug 6 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 21,972

see, you're asuming that they didn't ready it before combat. If I had reality screwing power, I'd keep it handy all the time.

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Aug 6 2011, 04:36 PM
Post #5

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Aug 6 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Lol, good assumption, but what about against a rigger who has more initiative than them?
I don't intend to get that much by the way. 19 is plenty for me. Well, I guess it's 21 when I'm on the tacnet, but whatevs.

Hestaby has an Initiative of 45, and Lofwyr has a 43. (Without magical augmentation...) You'll need to up your game if you're hunting the named GDs. The stats in SR4A are for very young Great Dragons.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 6 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Damn, now I'm going to need to find a firearm that fires in accordance to the curvature of the Earth...

+Quote Post
Faelan
post Aug 6 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,466

QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 6 2011, 11:54 AM) *
Damn, now I'm going to need to find a firearm that fires in accordance to the curvature of the Earth...

Well...you can do indirect fire with a M2 .50cal and a compass. Sweet stuff with enough rounds going down range.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Aug 6 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 6 2011, 07:36 PM) *
Hestaby has an Initiative of 45, and Lofwyr has a 43. (Without magical augmentation...)

Somekind of magical augmentations must be included in those numbers, as their natural iniatives are only 37 and 35 respectively.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.