Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Twist Fate
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
longbowrocks
So, all the uses of twist fate for Great Dragons require an action, and one of the offensive ones requires a simple action. Do you guys allow these as interrupts that detract from what a dragon can do on his next initiative pass (like full defense as interrupt)? Any other interpretation seems like it would be pretty useless. They should really say these things in the manuals.
ggodo
I just asuume they're holding it as a readied action.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (ggodo @ Aug 6 2011, 08:54 AM) *
I just asuume they're holding it as a readied action.

Lol, good assumption, but what about against a rigger who has more initiative than them?
I don't intend to get that much by the way. 19 is plenty for me. Well, I guess it's 21 when I'm on the tacnet, but whatevs.
ggodo
see, you're asuming that they didn't ready it before combat. If I had reality screwing power, I'd keep it handy all the time.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Aug 6 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Lol, good assumption, but what about against a rigger who has more initiative than them?
I don't intend to get that much by the way. 19 is plenty for me. Well, I guess it's 21 when I'm on the tacnet, but whatevs.

Hestaby has an Initiative of 45, and Lofwyr has a 43. (Without magical augmentation...) You'll need to up your game if you're hunting the named GDs. The stats in SR4A are for very young Great Dragons.
CanRay
Damn, now I'm going to need to find a firearm that fires in accordance to the curvature of the Earth...
Faelan
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 6 2011, 11:54 AM) *
Damn, now I'm going to need to find a firearm that fires in accordance to the curvature of the Earth...

Well...you can do indirect fire with a M2 .50cal and a compass. Sweet stuff with enough rounds going down range.
Mäx
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 6 2011, 07:36 PM) *
Hestaby has an Initiative of 45, and Lofwyr has a 43. (Without magical augmentation...)

Somekind of magical augmentations must be included in those numbers, as their natural iniatives are only 37 and 35 respectively.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012